cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failure

Pat11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the error code 821 when trying to activate my SIM card. I had a US number but I took that SIM card out and put in the new one. I’m not sure what to do next to correct this problem. 

10 REPLIES 10

Pat11

PM resolved the issue. 
Thank you for your support 😁

Pat11

PM resolved the issue. 
Thank you for the support. 

Pat11

Thank you for the information. I’m not trying to import an American number, I chose a new Canadian number. I’ll try your suggestions. 
Thank you!

Pat11

No. I’ve selected a new phone number. 

Pat11

Thank you!

Pat11

Thank you I’ll do that. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Pat11 

You cannot port a US phone number into a Canadian Provider. If your US number is active put that SIM card back into your if you have no services at all on your pm sim card. If you have access to another phone test your pm sim card in it to see if you have service. If you have no pm services  then contact customer support and put "SIM card did not provision correctly upon activation" in the subject line. Leave a detailed message including if you tried to port in your US number so that the CSA can assign a phone number to your account. (You can change it later in your self serve account if you wish.)

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour or so....

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You couldnt port a US # with PM anyways can you?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Do not try to activate again! Check your payment card to see if your plan amount has been charged.

Try SIM in some other phone. That will determine if it is your phone hardware issue.

Usually 821 is missing/incorrect porting information. Your SIM card will need provisioning to your incomplete account activation. Send a private message to customer support with "incomplete activation" in the subject line and explain in detail your issue. Once the CSA sets it up correctly you will be able to finish your self serve account set up.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pat11   DO NOT try activating again.  With Error 821, likely PM had got the money from your credit card already.  

Error 821 usually due to incorrect porting information.   You are not trying to port your US number into PM , are you?  But either way, have PM Support to look  into it and they will advise what the issue was

Please open a ticket with PM Suppor using direct messaging here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.