cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation and port failed

Piierce
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was attempting to activate service and was charged the subscription fee. The activation process on the app failed, and the number porting failed, but now I can't transfer my number in the app and the previous service is cancelled and no eSIM was provided for new service. So now I have nothing - seems bad. What do I do now?

13 REPLIES 13

Z_magic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The line is on, and there's currently no physical sim on the phone.  I am guessing this might have to do with the unsuccessful number transfer.

HI @Z_magic make sure the eSIM is set as Primary and enable "Turn on the Line"

Z_magic

Actually, I just checked under "cellular" and my phone number disappeared.

Z_magic

I had the same issue and tried taking out the physical sim and then restarted the phone.  The esim works now and indicates the right phone number despite I received previous message about number porting was not successful.  However, even the data is working, I am not able to receive or send any text messages.

James40

For anyone who actually managed to install the esim but it's not working, you may have to disable your existing sim and enable the new one

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/HELP-Can-t-activate-eSim/td-p/1058018

Z_magic

I have the same issue.  I activated the the subscription, replied yes for the number transfer, but porting of the number failed.  I am not sure what to do at this point.

James40

how do I reinstall the esim is the question

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Tomorrow you'll have to reinstall your e-SIM and pay $5, just do it and than message CSA explaining the Situation. They'll give you the $5 you spent on the replacement e-SIM back in Account Credit, and then they can also help you place your number on the Account if it didn't already.

James40

Same thing happened to me. the esim got setup or so it said, I port my number then I'm told the esim installation failed, now I have no cell service. I saw someone mention using a QR code in the welcome email, but I didnt get a welcome email either

While signing up I got an error and was charged twice as well. This is not a good look public mobile, this black friday promotion was botched from start to finish

Piierce

Ok, thank you. I will try again.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Your number is not lost, do not worry.

Tomorrow when the Activation Portal is repaired and running like normal, you'll be able to sign into your Account and have an Agent fix the issues like manually putting your Number on the Account if it's not already there. 

If you Approved the Port Request to Telus, they have your number secured and you have 90 days before its released. So you're safe, don't worry.

Piierce

But my phone number is gone and existing service cancelled. I have no service and number lost?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately system overloaded. Please try later or tomorrow 

Need Help? Let's chat.