cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation and number transfer

Mark2Jag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to activate a sim and transfer my cell number but it wants me to complete "transfer number - landline" to continue. Where do I input my cell providers port out information? I don't want to transfer my landline number.

5 REPLIES 5

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The system has detected that your number is thought to be from a landline. Are you sure you put in the right number?

When I've tested activations, I found that a number stored at numberbarn is thought to be a landline even though the number started out as a cell number.

(as an aside, numberbarn uses Iristel (in Canada?))

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mark2Jag 

Are you under the gun to port out from your provider? You can activate with a temporary number and  port in once the pm website is fully functional again. Who are you trying to port in from?

Some providers require assistance from customer support like voip providers as they are often considered a landline provider and can take up to 7+days to port in and should be requested at the beginning of the work week as they do not work on the weekends like regular providers.

@Mark2Jag   which provider you are trying to transfer in?

can you provide a screenshot of where you got stuck?

Mark2Jag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, I've done that but I can't continue without entering the "Transfer Number - Landline" section and I don't want to transfer my landline. I've tried submitting a ticket for this but I can't do that either without verifying my account which I've been unable to create yet. It's getting frustrating, I thought it might have been an ipad problem yesterday so I tried on the computer last night and Activation was down.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mark2Jag  you are new customer and try to activate new line with PM?

If so, go to activate.publicmobile.ca to activate.  At Step 2 of the activation process, just click "I want to bring my existing phone number with me", then enter the phone number

Need Help? Let's chat.