cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation SIM Card from Amazon with first month

ABC64
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello 

I purchase my SIM Card from Amazon and was under the impression It included my first months fee. When I signed up I entered my Credit card and it charged me the first month. Does any one know how I get the Credit added to my account?

Here is the pic of the Offer on amazon.

ABC64_0-1640734889978.png

43 REPLIES 43

ABC64

I activated the Card as per the instructions on the public mobile site. I didnt get any specific instructions with the card.

There wasnt any instructions saying it was already activated. and besides if it was preactivated then I dont understand why it let me do it again. 

Also I haven't received a credit from my account but I am trying to work it out with the Seller.

Thanks for the help everyone.

@Meow 

A bent out paper clip will always suffice. 

@softech   Said

The fact that they give credit for Amazon filled and shipped by Amazon is usually different thing, you are talking about some promo but not the refund.  

Amazon usually are generous and refund in full to the original form of payment.  Of course, they have record, First refund request for long time, you find it easy.  If you keep asking for refund for different orders, that is a different story

While I am not a frequent shopper at Amazon..they do have some deals and a selection of some types of merchandise (digital frames...before your mind goes astray😀) that you just can’t find in retail. And delivery is quick. So we bought....we did our first return. The return postage was deducted from the credit. But I got 2 different refund figures and one that I got....did not jive with the return postage. Only a couple of bucks.....but since retired...I pursued it over their chat option. They could not figure out why, the two figures so they gave me a $15 promo credit...Amazon filled and shipped only. I assume they put the blame on them vs penalizing the seller. 

Thank you @Anonymous, @CountyDownIeUk and @BeachNBeer for clarification.

Well, if SIM adaptor is featured as 'free' offer then really.... I can understand free pin since it is usually stainless steel and difficult to make at home (I do not consider staples as 'pin') but not piece of plastic which most if not all SIM are provided with. But marketing is powerful tool.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

I can’t believe that either of the sellers can have a pre activated card in the mail ... but maybe. Or does this seller do the first step and then leave it up to the buyer to complete the account. Did the OP have a referral code and get to use it? And how does that seller credit the account?

@CountyDownIeUk 

Yes, the seller is not a regular person like us,.  The sellers of those pre-activated sim are Mobile agent.  CCS are one of those sellers.    They access a different activation system and they activate the SIM just like you go to any of those in person Mobile store and activate.   They probably use their own referral code as well as those Mobile store also have different promo.   They activated the SIM first  and don't need to setup My Account, then send you the SIM in the mail.  So, technically you loose couple days of service due to mailing

Generous in giving a credit for Amazon filled and shipped by Amazon. That may make some customers happy. Or is there better?

The fact that they give credit for Amazon filled and shipped by Amazon is usually different thing, you are talking about some promo but not the refund.  

Amazon usually are generous and refund in full to the original form of payment.  Of course, they have record, First refund request for long time, you find it easy.  If you keep asking for refund for different orders, that is a different story

@softech wrote:

Since the post said the SIM is "Activated" but obviously not ( @ABC64  can use the sim to activate himself), it is not as advertised on Amazon, OP does have ground to ask Amazon for a full refund.  Usually Amazon is very generous and side with the buyer 

Generous in giving a credit for Amazon filled and shipped by Amazon. That may make some customers happy. Or is there better?

Since the post said the SIM is "Activated" but obviously not ( @ABC64  can use the sim to activate himself), it is not as advertised on Amazon, OP does have ground to ask Amazon for a full refund.  Usually Amazon is very generous and side with the buyer 

I don’t think the OP has spilt all the beans, yet. 

@CountyDownIeUk 

Not really....the owner can compensate the OP just not really with the current account. The simplest way is to either refund the difference between a discounted sim card ($5) and the activation bundle or hold the offer for another activation. The OP has already resigned themselves to losing out on the offer as they seem to accept their responsibility in activating the sim card themselves but the owner of CCS will not want to disappoint the customer however as far as the current account is concerned his hands are tied in giving the account credit and free third month credit to the account....seemingly although the sim card # is registered as a retail activation sim card so maybe the owner can still have pm credit the account with the third month free credit by contacting pm....but that would be a discussion for the OP to have with CCS and CCS to have with his contact at pm.

@Meow wrote:

What he heck is 'free sim adaptor + pin'????

38029442-949E-4794-9FF7-F5DFFF74C5BF.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow wrote:

I suspect the adapter is the standard tri-punch in a card. The pin is the tray opening tool.

Edit: sleepy-head over here. 🙂

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Meow  Sim adapter = 3 hole punch sim cards so probably the other pieces. Pin = Probably a little metal pin to open the sim slot on the phone. Like you get those pins when you buy a new phone. 🤷🏻‍♂️

And let’s wait for month 2. 

EE198540-6DA7-43F7-8459-71F310CAB095.jpeg

I can’t believe that either of the sellers can have a pre activated card in the mail ... but maybe. Or does this seller do the first step and then leave it up to the buyer to complete the account. Did the OP have a referral code and get to use it? And how does that seller credit the account?

Enough assuming by all of us. The OP @ABC64  says from CCS. @BeachNBeer has some other information that does not line up with CCS process. The OP @ABC64  is ok to  💋 away the cost. 

Time to close the thread. 

I still say something is real screwy here. 

@BeachNBeer 

I have done enough activations with CCS to know how their process works....and the OP activated the sim card themselves as indicated in their original post. CCS does not send activated sim cards unless the buyer waives the guarantee offered by CCS. This cannot be done without communicating directly with the seller. 

I will suggest when I speak to the owner myself that he adds some clarification to his Amazon ad.

BeachNBeer

@darlicious  Yes did you read their description?

Screenshot_20211229-184809_Chrome.jpg

Says "Anonymous activation (default) or with your information". 

What I think (I Could be wrong) Seller activated $15 plan then sent sim to OP as per what the description of Amazon product says. When OP received it at some point they logged into the account Seller made for them and then went and made another $15 payment and those funds are sitting in their available balance. That is just my thoughts...

@CountyDownIeUk 

Yes I see now clicking the link supplied by the OP's most recent post does show its sold by CCS. 

@ABC64 

The owner of CCS will figure it out a way of compensating you for the mix up which may be just a matter of sending you a pm voucher via email for the amount of your first month. I will private message you his personal phone number that you can text him your dilemma. He is very accommodating and always strives to make his customers happy.

@BeachNBeer 

In order for the first months credit to be added the activation has to be done by CCS as this is the only time the retailer can add funds to the balance of the account.

BeachNBeer

@CountyDownIeUk @darlicious  this is the description from the Amazon link op provided. 

Says it comes pre-activated.

Screenshot_20211229-184809_Chrome.jpg

Don't feel like reading through 3 pages but did anyone ask OP or Did OP say he has a $15 balance? (Well might be $25 now with the $10 signup bonus).

Maybe OP has a $15 balance in his account for the payment he made and card was already activated when he received it?

Then something is screwed up here. 

@ABC64 

Says.  Then clicking URL it says.

2D39A574-5694-4193-B6F1-B65A13C7E350.png

4D211A4A-FEF2-4FD1-BA9F-4055A88F139E.png@darlicious wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

This is not a CCS sale as evidenced by the (514) area code.

@CountyDownIeUk 

This is not a CCS sale as evidenced by the (514) area code.

@darlicious 

@ABC64 

There had to be have had instructions on the listing, last part of sale or accompanying the SIM card. 

I find it hard to believe that CCS did not develop a process to insure good results and to protect himself from bad review ratings on Amazon. 

I know diddly about Amazon as a seller...but you would think that they would send details of the sale to CCS? 

Something is missing here. 

@BeachNBeer 

As above....and the OP activated the sim card on their own. The sim card is not preactivated just the first months service is prepaid for....part of the issue here is the Amazon ad does not make it clear what the buyer needs to do once the sim card arrives.

@BeachNBeer 

You are missing the logic of it all. Buyer MUST contact seller to complete process after SIM card arrives. 

BeachNBeer

I am confused.... It was clear on Amazon desc what you get. You pay $14 and it covers your first 30 day payment for the $15 plan. They ship you the card activated with your personal information or a fake name. It also says you'll get the $10 signup bonus credit (since they are likely using their referral code when they activate) and any other promotions PM offers at that time (holiday gifts). 

So seems pretty clear to me what you're buying based on their description. I don't think there is a need to contact the seller because no where does it say a free month on their description.

You would have paid more Sim+$15 plan had you went out and did it yourself. Plus your time. You paid $14 for sim and first 30 days. Plus will be getting a $10 sign-up bonus and the gifts. Only thing is, if you had a friend on PM and you wanted to use their referral code, well they are out of luck since the Amazon seller used there's. 

I don't see any reason to be contacting Amazon Seller or Public Mobile support. Your service is working(great) just add a credit card for auto-pay to get the $2 discount and change your password from whatever password the Amazon seller gave if they created the account when they shipped you the card.

Unless I am missing something........ don't think so....

@ABC64 

I think your best bet with the seller would be to arrange the first month credit to be transferred to another future activation that you refer and you pay for the cost of an unactivated sim card.

ABC64

Thanks for help every one. I will contact seller, but I have already activated so I guess I might have to take this loss. 😟. I should have read it more carefully.

This is the seller on amazon.

https://www.amazon.ca/Activated-Public-Mobile-Canada-Talk-Text/dp/B08FKK7KPC/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2CP71DM... 

pkaraa

If it was pre-activated and $15 talk and text plan was on it then registering credit card should not charge you first month's plan fee. 

As suggested above, contact their customer support to get clarification.

@ABC64 

You needed to activate thru the seller. You will have to figure out with them how to remedy your issue. Here is their customer service number: 514-667-0716

@softech wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@ABC64 

Contact CCS here and explain....He was the seller on Amazon as well. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 7.17.46 PM.png

He offers similar on his web site. 

You may have to fill out this form....with his help.

Look like OP's got it from Sold by: Cellular One and not CCS

It's time to see @ABC64 to cough up some more information to allow proper help. 

@Anonymous 

I got it 🙂  And actually I do better on my own...slow but sure. 

Need Help? Let's chat.