cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Problems

braj2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a customer of public mobile(PM) and using for last 2 years.

I have brought a PM SIM card for my a friend. Then I opened an account for her in (PM) website, and activated new SIM Card. For transfer of SMS message, I have accepted to 'Yes' to move from Kodoo mobile to PM. Then, I have waited for 3 hours.

Koodo help desk has confirmed, they have migrated the porting. Then, I have inserted PB SIM. I do not see any network connection of PM mobile activation even after 3 hours. Frustrated my self for suggesting to my friend. Power off and on many times my friend mobile, still not working. Please Help required urgently. No public mobile network. Phone is compatible with Public mobile. Thank in advance -  *****l@hotmail.com

11 REPLIES 11

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious 

Hmm, yes, I stand corrected - thanks for pointing that out.  I see it now, and you're absolutely correct!  If it was activated, it wouldn't activate again.  😞  Corrected!

@BlueB 

Oops I think you misread the OP. Koodo number has been ported and the pm sim card has been activated. The problem is the pm sim card....it needs provisioning or though unlikely replacement if it's a dud. They wouldn't want to activate again....?!!

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@braj2020 

A lot of good troubleshooting ideas here here, but I agree that you should check the original service first.  Insert the old Koodo SIM card, does it still work?  If so, the account is still active and the account hasn't ported.

If she has zero service with Public Mobile, I'd recommend activating the SIM card with a new (temporary) number.  She can always port the number afterwards, but at least you get the service up and running first.

If service was activated and number ported - you may have a defective SIM or related problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@braj2020 

after you reply: YES.

that line is will be working right away and sometime transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete,

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

and also you can try to do some troubleshoot your device,

Spoiler

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

Good Luck and welcome to Public Mobile
you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service..

@braj2020 

If there are no services working on the pm sim card then it did not provision correctly upon activation. You can test this by putting the sim card in another phone. While not common this does happen and you are not the first to report this today. Customer support will be able to provision the sim card to your friends account and have all of the pm services working quite quickly once they are alerted of the situation.

Contact customer support by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type "sim card not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon. Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour.

Have your friend set up their community account using their email used for their pm account so that they can submit a support ticket using their credentials (email and password used during activation) so they can verify their account.

@braj2020 wrote:

Toggling of airplane more and back did not work - still says 'no service.

@braj2020  - is this a 'new' used phone?

Just to be sure, check if the phone is not blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

EDIT, also did you try the SIM into another compatible phone?

braj2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Toggling of airplane more and back did not work - still says 'no service.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@braj2020 wrote:

I am a customer of public mobile(PM) and using for last 2 years.

I have brought a PM SIM card for my a friend. Then I opened an account for her in (PM) website, and activated new SIM Card. For transfer of SMS message, I have accepted to 'Yes' to move from Kodoo mobile to PM. Then, I have waited for 3 hours.

Koodo help desk has confirmed, they have migrated the porting. Then, I have inserted PB SIM. I do not see any network connection of PM mobile activation even after 3 hours. Frustrated my self for suggesting to my friend. Power off and on many times my friend mobile, still not working. Please Help required urgently. No public mobile network. Phone is compatible with Public mobile. Thank in advance -  *****l@hotmail.com

@braj2020  

Does her Public Mobile self serve account say ACTIVE? Can you try to toggle to airplane mode, than back to regular mode?

Can you try her Public Mobile SIM Card into your phone to see if there is any service? Just to rule out the device.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@braj2020 

Try resetting your network connections.

You might also wish to try removing the PM SIM card, then reinserting it again.

Any help?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@braj2020 

Call the porting office to ensure everything has gone smoothly on their end. I will PM you the number. Check envelope icon top right corner.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

What type of Kodoo account do they have is it post paid or prepaid ?  Have them try putting their Koodo sim back to see if they have service.

If they still need assistance then submit a ticket.  They may need to have the porting request text resent.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.