cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Issue

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Is there a problem right now with the activation portal?

So I have gone through the entire activation process and it won't accept my credit card. I got a red warning message telling me to check my card details. I've now done this with three different MasterCards and a Visa card and it won't accept any of them.

And for any newbies out there please don't tell me to clear my browser and all that other crap because I've already done all that or give me the contact information for customer support because I know how to contact them too and they can't help me right now in the middle of the night.  Thank you.

Does anyone have any insight or practical suggestions because I'm at a loss on this one.

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I chose a new number. I will try again later today once I know the finances are still in hand so to speak. The first card used did show a pending $0 charge so maybe if I had checked that first before canceling the transaction/activation it may have charged the card the plan amount that I may have just been stuck with a non-provisioned SIM card.

Since its for a referral and not one I know all that well I didn't want to take any chances. I'll just make sure I do this activation when there is still customer support around in case I do get a non-provisioned SIM card with or without an accessible self-serve account. I also have to be able to access the account to replace my credit card with a $0 Visa gift card.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious   not sure about the credit card, people seems to have problem with the porting page last week.  It might say please enter valid Canadian number.   Did you pick  a new number or port?  curious if that part if fixed now

tina9099
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It seems to be an issue that many people have. I had the issue when trying to activate. Open your Chrome browser in Incognito mode and go through the activation process this way with PM. This will more than likely remedy the credit card issue and it will go through.  Hope this helps!🙂

BruceRoberts
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When trying to activate your sim card you have to use the same info that you used when siging up for your credit card (same street address, postal code, town) etc...

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Good point. I suppose I can try incognito mode which means I can't record a record of my transaction properly but I can take a picture of my phone's screen with my other phone along the way. Still it doesn't make sense to me as I probably done four or five activations now on my phone exactly the same way. And now I have to wait out an hour before I try again which makes the delivery of the SIM card really late or perhaps not at all tonight. But this is a case of striking when the irons hot and when the cash is in hand. I don't have a lot of choice as far as browsers go since I'm using Chrome and I only have Samsung installed on this phone as well and it doesn't work particularly well with the site.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

lol Well If YOU are the one having a problem and you've tried all the usual things we all suggest all the time then I'd say it's broke.

But you didn't say you tried another browser or device or used private mode. 🙂 Also, whether you used a desktop or maybe desktop mode. Wasn't there a thing about the payment system with the new system on mobile.

Adding - cleaned up a couple sentences

Need Help? Let's chat.