cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating your Public Mobile SIM card

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Click here in order to activate your Public Mobile SIM card.

Step by step instructions for activation process are as follows:

1. Let’s get started– Read and accept Public Mobile Terms of services and press Continue.

1. SIM card Info– Input 19 digit SIM card info in the required field and press Continue.

1. Account- Set-up – Add your profile info such as your name, address and contact info and press Continue.

1. Profile Settings– Set up your IVR (*611) Self Serve 4-digit PIN, preferred language and your Web Self Serve account then press Continue. Remember: You can log into your Self Serve account using the email and password you selected in Step 4 and add your security question and answer which you can remember easily which can be used if the password is forgotten.

1. Phone Number– Select a new phone number for your local calling area or Transfer (Port) a wireline/wireless number from another provider, then press Continue. For further information on transferring your number click here.

1. Plan and Add-ons– Select your phone as Public Mobile phone, select your price plan and choose your Add-ons, then press Continue.

1. Review your Order– Review summary of your order and select a payment method, then press Continue.

1. Payment– Input the payment information you wish to use (Credit Card or Payment Voucher) and then press Continue.

1. Transaction Summary – Review the details of your transaction and press Finish.

If you don’t have a Public Mobile SIM, please visit our BETA Site to order the SIM type that is compatible with your device.

66 REPLIES 66

wak_wak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

right  

Jackkk

The payment doesn’t have voucher options ffs

Manimonty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. Got a question as to the step-by-step activation process. We're going to be activating an older phone in Calgary for an in-law in Saskatoon.

Q:   Will we be able to select a phone number for Saskatoon when we activate, even tho we're activating, geographically, from Calgary?

zdahlbeck

Thank you for your response. I have made a ticket and have verified myself and have also gone on the website through my account and gone through the change my sim. Once I put in my new SIM card number and then press save changes it's simply resets itself back to zeros as if I never typed in anything. 

I tried to register this new sim the first way you mentioned first and then went through change my sim. I also just so happened to do this right before the site crashed so I don't know if my sim is stuck in limbo now? 

I desperately need help. I'm at the point where I'm ready to just go and pick up a new carrier but it is a shame because I have been with public mobile for 3 years straight since I have been in Canada.

@zdahlbeck wrote:

I'm having the same issue with my existing service. I'm trying to register a new SIM and it won't work on ANY Samsung phone I've tried

@zdahlbeck how you tried to "register" a new sim card?  did you login to My Account and click Change sim card?

Again, you lost an old sim card (or broken), then you bought a new one?  If so, you will need to login to My Account (Sorry, My Account is currently down, you have to wait till it is up and running again), then click Change sim card from the Quick Link menu on the top right.  Enter the new sim card number and then follow the rest of the step

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-accounthttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-account

As said earlier, My Account is currently down, if you want it urgently and don't want to wait for it to come back up , 

you can try to open ticket with PM Support by direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

zdahlbeck

I'm having the same issue with my existing service. I'm trying to register a new SIM and it won't work on ANY Samsung phone I've tried. Even ones I've previously had in service! The days keep counting down and they took another 55$ out of my bank.

How did you resolve the issue? My small construction company is being hurt by this line being suddenly out of commission mid contracts.

Virgi1

Hi! I had the same problem at first. I tried my PIN too many times and was blocked. Then I was asked to put in the PUK code instead, which is the same as the phone's Master Code. So, even if your phone was unlocked by your previous service provider, it seems that for some phones (mine is a Samsung) you have to get the manufacturer to give you the MCK (or PUK) number (Master Code) for your phone. I searched in this forum, and noticed someone had mentioned phoning Samsung for this purpose. I decided to try an online chat through Samsung Canada's website (at 10pm C-T). After a few security questions, mostly about when and where the phone was purchased, the chat person graciously provided my phone's MCK#, and a Network unlock code (NCK) as well, just in case the first unlock request was unsuccessful. A MCK# is always 8 digits, so if there are only 7, the first digit would be a zero (0). I ended up having to use the NCK #, having to put it in twice before the phone finally unlocked. Once that happens, you should see everything functioning normally on your phone, including your new carrier's name (Public Mobile) in a top corner of your screen.

stevenharper201

Have followed all the steps and when it came to enter my 4 digit code, my code was not acknolweged. Hence my phone is not unlocked.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hjpar wrote:

I cannot even get MY ACCOUNT to come up

The system is overloaded with everyone trying to log on because of the free data/mins offer.  Keep trying at different times.  I'm having the same issue.  Just have to be patient right now.  Sorry!

hjpar

I cannot even get MY ACCOUNT to come up

KristinaTchouma

@Craig1990 wrote:

Yes I did but it makes me put in my credit card number when I already bought the voucher at the store. I’ve never done this before so I’m not 100% sure on how to do everything yet lol 

The payment page has a drop-down menu. Click on it and select "voucher", you can then put the voucher PIN code (12 digits) into the next field.

voucher.jpgScreenshot-2018-4-25-Public-Mobile---oneTimeTopUp-Page(2).jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Craig1990 wrote:

Yes I did but it makes me put in my credit card number when I already bought the voucher at the store. I’ve never done this before so I’m not 100% sure on how to do everything yet lol 

I seem to think there should be a drop-down choice to choose paying by voucher.

Craig1990

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Craig1990 wrote:

I bought the sim at the store, I don’t thjnk they activated it, I also bought a voucher. But I can’t start the plan with the voucher unless my SIM card is working, whenever I put the SIM card in my iPhone it always says no sim, how would I activate it without choosing my plan online?

Did you start here?

You have your SIM. You have a method of payment. Go through the sign-up process.

Craig1990

I bought the sim at the store, I don’t thjnk they activated it, I also bought a voucher. But I can’t start the plan with the voucher unless my SIM card is working, whenever I put the SIM card in my iPhone it always says no sim, how would I activate it without choosing my plan online?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Craig1990 wrote:

What if I had bought my SIM card And a voucher at a store, do I still need to pay for the plan online while activating my SIM card? 

Not sure exactly what you're asking.

You can go to a store and buy a SIM and have them activate you. Or you can buy a SIM and bring it home and activate it at home.

At the store you can use any accepted method of payment that they take.

At home you can use a credit card or Visa Debit or if you already bought a voucher for at least the value of the plan that you'd like then you can use that to pay.

Craig1990

What if I had bought my SIM card And a voucher at a store, do I still need to pay for the plan online while activating my SIM card? 

Inder21

Mark2000

Done

moshe

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Lamjo7,

All you have to do is hover your mouse over one of our names (Mary_M, MarieHelene_L, Shazia_K) and click on Send a Private Message. You can also follow the link Luddite has provided 🙂

I look forward to your reply and to getting this resolved for you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@Lamjo7  You need to send a private message to a moderator ( @Mary_M for example) with your phone number and an explanation. They were waiting for you but have left for the day. 

Coverage is currently: Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Lamjo7

I have followed up with an email on the issue. Let's deal with it via email.

Thanks,

Joseph

Lamjo7

Hi Mariehelene,

I don't want to reply with the sim card number in public. What is your email address.

joseph

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @Lamjo7

I'm sorry to hear you've experienced issue while trying to activate your account Smiley Sad

Could you please send me a private message with your SIM card number? I'll gladly look into the situation for you!

Thanks,

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Lamjo7

I cannot activate with the SIM card number. The prompt says The number entered does not belong to a valid Public Mobile Subscriber. Please help.

Joseph

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Nirmal,

Thank you for your interest in joining back to Public Mobile, 

If your account has been suspended for more than 90 days, you won't be able to reactivate the same SIM card, number or account.

If you wish you can order a new SIM card for free directly from our webstore and then activate it online 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Nirmal

My phone number is 647***-**** and i want reactive my phone number because i went holiday for few months so now i come back and i want restart my phone number please help me.Thanks

Martin
Legend
Legend
@Luddite,

Ciao until later, and don't worry about alien abductions while sleeping. 🙂
Need Help? Let's chat.