cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate new SIM card on account

JanetFrampton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my previous cell phone, so was directed to suspend my service until I received my new SIM card. I now have the card. Wondering what to do to activate it in another phone but to still have same phone number as before. To transfer phone number? Or change SIM card number?

8 REPLIES 8

@JanetFrampton   Perfect!! Enjoy your new phone  🙂

JanetFrampton

Yes, I had another request. But It is fixed now. I think it is where my new SIM card wasn't in the phone. It's in now and working. Thank you for your help!

@JanetFrampton wrote:

The security code was accepted, but then it asked for a verification code.. I need another code?

So, you got the security code from the email and entered and now asking for the verification code?  What was the exact message it shows?

JanetFrampton

Of course I reactivated the service before trying to change the SIM card. Oh my.. Lol

But It's looking for an additional code?!

JanetFrampton

The security code was accepted, but then it asked for a verification code.. I need another code?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JanetFrampton 

your phone number is will keep it in your account, 

How To Change Your SIM Card

please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket Here link,.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JanetFrampton : The latter. Easy.

Edit: oh...and then Resume your service under the same function.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JanetFrampton   You will just need to Login to My Account, click Change SIM card and enter the new SIM card number.  The phone number will then tie to the new SIM card.  With the 2FA, you will have to pick Email as your old sim is gone

E-MyAcc-ChangeSIM-2FA.png

More details here:

SIM Swap Fraud: 2 factor-authentication - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Once the SIM swap completed, you can put the new SIM in your new phone and then disable Lost/Stolen to reactivate the service

Need Help? Let's chat.