cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate account with flip phone

SA99999
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I activate my new account if I can't download the app 'cause I only have a flip phone.

9 REPLIES 9

@Andy85 wrote:

I think your best option is to activate the SIM on someone else's smartphone device. They will need to download the mobile app and then take the necessary steps to activate your SIM. Once activated, you just need to place the SIM into your flip phone and delete the Public Mobile app from their smartphone. 

There's no requirement to insert the SIM card in a smartphone as the Public Mobile SIM doesn't need to be in the same device as the one running the app.

@uncertain6 

regrettably with the new rollout 6-7 months ago, the only way to activate is through the app

You used to be able to activate with just Internet access – that’s not the case anymore.

🫤

uncertain6
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can try to activate on your computer.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

LOL

Not bothered @Andy85 

Just see many of these substantially repetitive posts sometimes later removed by @computergeek541 

😉

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HALIMACS wrote:

Did @TheSterlinger & I not just write that 30 minutes ago, @Andy85 ?

@HALIMACS To a certain degree, yes but there was some information being left out in your messages. Neither of your posts mentioned that the SIM card needed to be moved from one device to the other. I didn't want to assume that the OP knew about that. I'm uncertain why it bothers you that wanted to add extra information to help @SA99999?

Have a great day!

Did @TheSterlinger & I not just write that 30 minutes ago, @Andy85 ?

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I think your best option is to activate the SIM on someone else's smartphone device. They will need to download the mobile app and then take the necessary steps to activate your SIM. Once activated, you just need to place the SIM into your flip phone and delete the Public Mobile app from their smartphone. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You'll need to use someone's smartphone with either Google Play or App store to download the app, then proceed with the activation, then delete the app from their device as they won't need it. (unless they're wanting it...)

On a go-forward from there, you can access self-serve without the app from a desktop or laptop device.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You could try downloading the Public Mobile app on another device if your able. If not I'm not too sure how to proceed.

Need Help? Let's chat.