Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account ownership transfer

Denisepublic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. Is like to transfer acct back to original owner

From xxxxxxxx

Edit:  Names redacted by will13am.  Please do not post personal information in the public forum.  

11 REPLIES 11

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

credit card must have same name for auto pay with postal code

This issn't true. I see that you're replying to how the name on the account can be changed to anything.  The name and postal code in the account profiile does not need to match the name, address, or postal code of the billing address for the credit card. That information is entered seperately, and while the entries entered for payment need to be correct, they can be different than the information of the Public Mobile account holder.

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

credit card must have same name for auto pay with postal code

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Denisepublic : So while you have them, you'll want them to change the email addresses and the PIN. And if they give you access then to change the name/address and the payment card.

Denisepublic

Thanks. I now have a ticket

@Denisepublic 

Here's how to contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Denisepublic : A name on an account is not visible anywhere outside. It can be fake too as it's not verified. But yes, if you had a payment card registered and the new owner is not "friendly" then I suggest having your card issuer replace your card thereby stopping any charges from here on it.

Denisepublic

I need to have a ticket created for a moderator

@Denisepublic 

Please bear in mind that the information you're posting on this site is not to public mobile employees but to other public mobile customers.

Please refrain from posting any personal information.

Denisepublic

I do not have  xxxxxxxx access to self serve web portal

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Denisepublic 

Further to my initial reply, if you're planning to provide that other person the phone with the SIM card in it, you will want to remove your payment information from the self-serve account if that other person will be responsible for arranging payment on a go-forward.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Denisepublic 

The great thing about public mobile is the account name can be changed to whatever you want it to be.

This can be amended on the self-serve landing page under your profile.

Just click 'Edit Profile'

Need Help? Let's chat.