cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account activation and porting number from Telus Corporate account

awlucas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

Yesterday afternoon I purchased a Public Mobile sim card and began the process of activating it. I set up an account and received a text saying 'An email confirmation including your activation & payment information will be sent shorty'. Money has been withdrawn from my bank account by Public mobile but I still have not received any email confirmation from Public (I checked my junk mail). It has been almost 24h now. I have not received any text from TELUS either confirming the switch.

A few things to note: 

The plan I am transferring from is a Telus corporate plan. I own my phone but the plan is shared with my sister (who's name is on the corporate plan). I am not sure if maybe this is where the hold up is occurring? Is there anything I can do n my end to help things.

13 REPLIES 13

awlucas

Yes that is what she said

awlucas

I guess I will keep my fingers crossed that they don't. The SIM is still in my phone

@awlucas wrote:

UPDATE: I got in contact with the porting number over the phone. The woman wasn't able to fix anything right away on her end but said that she would submit a request to reprocess my porting so I am hoping to receive a new text from Telus within 24h.

You know you have to keep Telus SIM in your phone and reply Yes within 90 minutes, correct!?

These 24 hours window is kind of very wide; what if Telus sends request at 3am?

HI @awlucas   Just want to know, did she also tell you if will receive a Text on your Telus SIM and you need to reply YES?

awlucas

UPDATE: I got in contact with the porting number over the phone. The woman wasn't able to fix anything right away on her end but said that she would submit a request to reprocess my porting so I am hoping to receive a new text from Telus within 24h. She said it may have been because of an 'interruption in the information processing on my end' when I was setting up the account. (not sure what this means but maybe it's because my internet browser reloaded before the process was done)

I have not contacted Telus cooperate yet as she said that wasn't necessary 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hTideGnow  usually it's has been pretty quick, I would call it more of an occasional occurance.  @awlucas  you mentioned your sim was the old one, have you tried the pm sim to see if it activated (Calling out and data should work immediately on activation)

Thanks @mimmo   for confirming.  So, i guess the process is really YMMV   🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

As for the email I have personally experienced both not getting it and getting it up to 48hours later.

@awlucas wrote:

Yes it has remained in my phone the entire time. I never received any texts

It might be different process for corporate accounts since company most likely has a 'deal' with Telus and company pays (most likely) bill.

Best way is to call number sent to you @hTideGnow and @Dunkman and PLEASE let us know what was the outcome and process of porting corp account to PM.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @awlucas   For Corporate plan, the Corporate plan owner has to contact Telus to mark the account ready for ported out first. Did you contact the office and got that approval?  Did the office already work with Telus on that?

PM has a porting team you can call.  I will message you the number, please check the inbox  here in the Community , envelope icon on the top right

awlucas

Yes it has remained in my phone the entire time. I never received any texts

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@awlucas 

Your port should have been done by now.  In the past, there have been extra steps that needed to be done before customers can port from a corporate account.  Needed to be switched to a regular customer account.  Not sure if things have changed. 

Anyways, I will private message you the Telus porting number.  A phone number that can be used for porting issues.  Public mobile belongs to Telus.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you leave the old SIM card in your phone to receive confirmation text (SMS) from your previous carrier that you are porting over to PM? You should receive such SMS within 90 minutes.

Once you confirmed porting (answered Yes), you can power off your phone and install the activated PM SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.