cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended

abbasija
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I posted yesterday that my phone service wasn't working (calls and date) and thought that it might be a network issue or due to some outage. It turns out my account had been suspended, and I couldn't even access my online profile. There was no way of knowing until I sent a private message on the community page to the CS Agent. 

My issue is that before suspending my Account for whatever reason, they should atleast intimate you rather than completely shutting everything off. It doesn't help that there isn't any helpline where I can talk to anyone. 

Apparently my account had been suspended due to a chargeback invoice by the bank for a payment made in December! I'm still in talks with the agent to get this resolved, but suspending my account for this reason is no way to treat your customers!!

12 REPLIES 12

@abbasija   PM is a prepaid provider and very sensitive to chargeback.  I understand it is not your case, but some people would purposely made chargebacks after getting the service.  

The  arrangement we saw was that PM agent asked customers to load vouchers for 12 months.  After the 12 months,  the account will get back to good standing and the customer can log back into a fully functioning My Account.   

Allow you to use credit card with them help seems to be a more convenient way.    Did they say it is a one time thing and you will be able to get back to My Account like usual? or you will have the 12 months "probatioin" before getting back full access to My Account?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@abbasija 

PM is a prepaid service (with no contact) so your account is suspended for nonpayment. Your service shuts off as you just found out.

I heard on the news that someone is setting cell towers on fire yesterday in Abbotsford. That could have affected your service.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@abbasija wrote:

They're asking for my credit card number and expiry in order to do the payment on my behalf as I cannot access my account. Is this normal?

Hi @abbasija 

in your private message getting a response from  CS_Agent   and they ask you for the credit info? if you are comfortable with that it's ok, them will be added to your account, and let them also set up your email and password to you can access to your account.

if you not like to give them your crdit info.. you can use vouchers

until you complete updated credit card payment,

to purchase from any stations or Shell,

then add to your account by call *611

once connected press (1) then (1) again and enter the 12 digit PIN #, on the receipt

Official list of retailers location sell:  vouchers

or from online to buy it here: Recharge For Public  /\  recharge.com \/  Top-up Public Mobile Recharge.

From the company's perspective you got free service. They don't like that.

You might need to spend the year paying with a voucher and a lot of hassle. Take what you can get but you're at their mercy.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Shouldn't you be able to login even if account is suspended? Or there is scenario when you cannot. 

Edit: I see it explained before.. 

@abbasija  Yes they are just there to help you Regain access and reactivate you account 

abbasija

They're asking for my credit card number and expiry in order to do the payment on my behalf as I cannot access my account. Is this normal?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@abbasija  - oh no, you did a chargeback for a public charge back in December? This can really mess customers up. It deactivates accounts and can take some time to get sorted out.

Chargebacks around here are not usually good experiences. It is best if you connect with an agent prior to charging back in the future going forward.

Please continue your communication with the agent or open another one, if the first ticket goes quiet after some time. 

@abbasija  Try loggin in again incognito private mode there are cache issues , or did you sign up in store awhile back and never create a self serve account ? If that’s the case you need support to help you create an account 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@abbasija- Unfortunately, with a prepaid plan, if there is no payment, service is cut off.  Could the system be better - definitely!

abbasija

Thanks for you message Handy1, but the issue is that I'm not even able to login to my account, and I don't have service either. I'm at the mercy of the CS Agent as I await their response.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@abbasija  

Auto pay can fail

To make payment and reactivate plan .. if you know PIN number you can *611 with a voucher and *611  no PIN needed . You can also do this by by calling 18554PUBLIC . otherwise log into self serve make manual payment and reactivate service and or update credit card if necessary

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1676072841776.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

If you  still have service and your plan renews today / tomorrow you can ignore this suspended notice

Need Help? Let's chat.