cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account NOT working after porting number from Koodo

w996
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all,

I'm desperately needing your help! Everything seems broken after I ported my Koodo number into a brand new Public Mobile account with a physical SIM card:

1. After I went through porting process through the App,  Koodo showing service cancelled as expected,

2. BUT Public Mobile app stuck at "Step 6 Activate" with no way to get into Account/SelfService, and when I tried to click the "Activate" and re-enter the SIM card number, its showing already be used...

3. After I log in and log off a few times, the account can't even log in at all, when I tried log in through Web, it is showing "Forbidden A1"

4. And the number can't receive any SMS like bank verification, and unable to make any calls at all.

5. Calling #611 saying my account is suspended and require a 4 digit account pin to access any other information, which I never set.

I'm new with Public mobile, any idea what should I do?

Many thanks in advance!!

6 REPLIES 6

w996

Got this result……

Your Koodo account wasn't active at the moment of the port, please contact Koodo to resume the service and then we will submit a new port request.”

Apparently at porting, after Koodo throwing the number the PM didn’t catch it…..

And they ask me to “contact Koodo and ask them to resume service only for today.” But I won’t get Koodo’s CS until tomorrow………

benapp

Hi there,

The exact same thing happened to me when I ported from Koodo. If you already received your SIM you'll want to message a Public Agent using the link below.

You'll want to provide the date you signed up as well the date you were charged for your subscription plan. They will also likely ask for your last 4 digits of your credit card.

You'll want to provide your ported number as well as the temp number (go to your settings in your phone and look under connection and then network settings to find your SIM provision info. It should show a phone number which would be your temp number.

Here's the link for the agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Make sure you tell them it was a port from Koodo as it's the same company as Public.

w996

ah, thanks for the link!

Hopefully could get a response sooner,

it really drives me nuts as everything is tied to this phone number and I can't have access it......

@w996   Use this link to private message support (you probably missed it in @fixin1  's post

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

w996

Thanks for your reply!

But when I click submit ticket link provided by the chatbot:

w996_0-1717632981970.png

the redirect page showing Forbidden A1

w996_1-1717633011561.png

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@w996 - Did it bring up an error to contact a CS_Agent? It seems like a huge amount of issues, but wait an hour for bank SMS to get to you as Public Mobile says that.

I am assuming you may want to ask CS_Agent.

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

⚠️ Public Mobile is Experiencing longer support wait times currently! Do Not Reply back to CS_Agent after submitting your ticket unless you solved it! Click here to bring up the Article!   ⚠️  

fixin1_0-1717023674684.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Need Help? Let's chat.