cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Expired while on autopay

cynic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account expired while on autopay. I tried to make a manual payment, then deleted my credit card, then added my credit card again - all did NOTHING. So...my text receiving and data stopped working on March 23 - my autopay day is March 25. I manually added money to cover my monthly nut but as stated above Public Mobile will not take any payment until the autopay date even though my plan is expired/suspended. Makes no sense. 2 hours of wasted time later, I am now writing this. Hopefully the plan will auto renew tomorrow (the 25th) but even if it does: 2 days lost without text sending or call receiving - and will this happen again? Has been working for about 2 years on autopay, so not sure what to do and obviously cannot contact anyone...Last autopay date was Feb 23 which worked - but next scheduled day - March 25 was too long? Need help. Again the plan is NOT working - am without service.

12 REPLIES 12

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cynic 

Wow....missed the notification of you responding to my reply. Trolling? Really? I will keep that in mind the next time you seek help from the community and let others help you and I will keep my mouth shut....big as it can be at times. While the issue you experienced recently was generally a network issue affecting many customers when a provisioning issue is affecting just your SIM card here is my troubleshooting list for reprovisioning your SIM card without the aid of customer support.

This is a SIM card provisioning issue that you have solved basically on your own. One of the troubleshooting tricks to try is removing the SIM card from the phone. Often times users don't do this for a long enough time go actually work. You in effect did the same thing by giving the sim card a long enough to be out of communication with the network and your phone that it was able to reprovision itself.

If you find it acting up again go thru this list but if it continues to do it then you need a CSA to reprovision it from the account side.

1. Reboot your phone. ( You should do this once a week anyways.)
  2. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  3. Remove SIM card and set aside. Check for any dirt or debris in the SIM slot. Check the SIM card for dirt or damage and gently clean with a little alcohol and a cotton swab. After 10 minutes reseat the SIM card making sure the SIM fits snugly in the SIM slot. Use a paper shim or a little tape to secure it in slot/tray. Reinsert in the phone and reboot.
  4. Put your SIM card in another phone to see if it works and/or the other slot of a dual sim phone and send a text. Then return the SIM to the original phone to see if the issue is still there.
  5. Perform a network reset.
  6. Clear the cache of the troublesome apps.(Try safe mode) Perform device maintenance.*
  7. Add a payment of at least $1 to your account balance.**
  8. Log in to your self serve account. Go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and Reboot.***
  9. Contact customer support via Simple--Simon or private message.

*Will not help reprovision.

**Will not help a poor connection.

***Caution : Using lost/stolen w/active service even briefly will cause rewards to not apply upon renewal. You must contact the CSA's after renewal and ask for them to be applied manually. Also will not help a poor connection.

...oh and your welcome.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

54321Wonderful

I have the exact problem as you now.

cynic

um thx darlicious? - would have been better timed if you had sent this as your original advice, and not AFTER it was solved LOL. Google searches never had the reseating of the SIM on the 3 or 4 lists I saw. If you bothered to search it (instead of trolling) it would likely look something like this:

How to Fix Androids Not Receiving Texts

If you don't receive texts on Android, and you know someone is sending them to you, these troubleshooting steps can help you clear up the issue. Before getting started, it's always a good idea to test your ability to receive texts from a few different people, if possible. That could yield some clues as to what the problem might be.

1. Check for blocked numbers. If you know someone is sending you texts, but you're not receiving those texts, check to see if the number is blocked.

2. Check the network connection. Mobile networks are sometimes unpredictable. If you see a few or no bars, step outside or find a higher place indoors. If you're in your home, you can use a signal booster to improve reception throughout the home.

3. Disable Airplane mode. Check your settings to see if airplane mode is enabled, and once disabled, check your network connection. Airplane mode shuts down every form of wireless communication, not only Wi-Fi.

4. Reboot the phone. Sometimes there are endless loops or other issues behind the scenes that you may be unable to diagnose but are easily solved with a reboot. This also installs any operating system updates the texting app may need.

5. Deregister iMessage. If you formerly used an iPhone, ask anyone who regularly texts with you with an iPhone to either disable iMessage or to send you a new text at your number, instead of contacting you from an old text thread. An iMessage thread doesn't translate over to Android.

6. Update Android. Install any outstanding operating system updates, even if an update doesn't seem relevant to the problem you experience. Some bug fixes and other repairs may address operations or features the texting app uses. Wait for any updates to finish before texting.

7. Update your texting app. Updates often resolve obscure issues or bugs that may prevent your texts from sending.

8. Clear the texting app's cache. Then, reboot the phone and restart the app.

9. Check your cellular provider's website. If nothing else works, look for any alerts or updates concerning network issues. Network problems may not be immediately obvious to end users, or may only affect certain functions.

After trying all these steps, if you're still having trouble, it might be time to look for a newer phone. 

Anyways, not trying to be mean, just don't like being bullied after a long night or 3 of frustrating trouble shooting. Peace and Love,

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cynic 

#3 on the troubleshooting list right after rebooting your phone and toggling airplane mode on/off.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

cynic

Thx Softech, just did kind of that - was going to swap sims with another public mobile phone and see if it is the phone or Public Mobile plan causing the issue. Google was of little help as far as trouble shooting the phone. Dawned on me to ..take the Sim card out - then put the SIM card back in! Now works.

Simply reseating the SIM card fixed it - who knew?

@cynic   Any chance you have a second phone around?

Multiple users have similar issue last couple days.  The quick workaround is to put your PM SIM in another phone and it will trigger a re-provision of it then it will resolve the issue.  If you have a second phone, please try.

If you don't have one or that didn't work, please open a ticket via direct message:

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

cynic

Should mention - I still can't reach customer service - none of the links actually take me anywhere except to their chatbot which seems to create an infinite loop.

cynic

Thanks for the replies...Plan updated today, Account status shows Active, but after collecting my payment the phone still cannot receive texts or phone calls. It can send texts and it can make phone calls, but again is NOT receiving any texts or phone calls even AFTER plan has been debited for monthly payment and is in ACTIVE status.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cynic 

You have no working service? Can you call 611 from your phone? When you call your number from another phone do you get your voicemail? Do you see public mobile at the top left corner of your screen? Did your self serve account say expired on the 23rd or the 24th around 9pm eastern? If you topped up your account your renewal should occur on schedule right about now if it's running on time.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@cynic 

There seems to be an issue with AutoPay. Seems like lots of inquiry about updating their CC on AutoPay. There might be a glitch in the payment system.

Contact a CS_Agent to straight your problem by private messaging on top of this page.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

That's odd even if there was an issue with your cc or taking it off and re-adding it, etc if your autopay is the 25th it should have been working right up until the 25th or just before and definitely on the 23rd. PM Agent should be able to clear that up for you.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cynic 

Contact customer service agents. 

Open a ticket via: 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time) 

Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗" 

or send a private message to: 

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Need Help? Let's chat.