cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Deleted & SIM cancelled

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was literally talking on my phone when it stops working.......SIM card not Provisioned.    I try to log into my account and it doesn't work.  I try forgot password (I didn't) and my email address is not recognized.  Has anyone else been suddenly deleted and disconnected?   

21 REPLIES 21

Troy33
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

An unauthorized port is not really that difficult

It would violate the law, but you have a better than 1 in 10,000 chance of pushing a port through with very little effort 

Also it could happen due to technical issues (eg I have seen in my own personal experiance Public / Koodo somehow assigning same phone number to 2 active subscribers at same time, in addition to this somehow Public has in the past assigned 2 active phone numbers on same SIM card*) so in weird scenarios who knows what can happen

Or it could simply be user error on part of Koodo rep. Things happen.

*One of my old account now long dead was a total mess; every month it seemed I had issues with unable to change plans, unable to change numbers, unable to do things in self serve etc. My post history speaks for itself. It was only afterwards a Mod (Shazia?) figured out the dual phone number thing that it started working like it was supposed to... at the time I just blamed BETA for everything lol

@KK wrote:

Koodo insists they never ported or tried to port the number and I believe them because I was very clear that I didn't want that.  So I don't know. 

Just an FYI, Kaba did get my number and plan back (Yay!).  But the system is not allowing me to set up an account and I still haven't been put back in my original position via rewards. 

It's very good news for you that you have your phone number and plan reactivated on Public Mobile.  Losing your phone number and any plan that you've already paid for would be the worse.

Normally, something like this only happens when a number gets ported out.  However, since you say that you did not ask for the number to ported out, Public Mobile really had no other choice but to reverse the process and put everything the way back that it was before.

The unauthorized port out of your phone number to Koodo is very strange, and the system shouldn't even be allowing that unelss you provide your Public Mobile account number or other account information required for porting.  But I do have first-hand experience with Telus assigning my phone number to another customer even though it was already in use, so who knows what type of strange system glitches are hiding in that computer of theirs.

As for setting up your self-serve account, I would stay "one step at a time".  I'm sure Kaba or another one of the moderators will be in touch with you about this soon. I hope the rest of the fix for your account gets done in a timely manner.  I'm sure you'll be taken care of.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Kaba has answered your message already and he will be re-assigning your number back to your new account 🙂 @KK

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

KK

Koodo insists they never ported or tried to port the number and I believe them because I was very clear that I didn't want that.  So I don't know. 

Can you suggest how I might get in touch with Kaba?  There is so much back and forth due to having to communicate via email that I have been blocked from sending any messages right now.  Do you know when I will be able to do so?

Just an FYI, Kaba did get my number and plan back (Yay!).  But the system is not allowing me to set up an account and I still haven't been put back in my original position via rewards. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The strange thing is that although we are sister brands, Koodo and Public Mobile are different therefor the Koodo rep does not have access to any PM accounts and vice versa - just like we don't have access to any Koodo accounts. It's possible that the rep initiated a port and then tried to cancel it - but it still caused the PM account to deactivate.

no worries though @Luddite, my colleague Kaba is currently helping out @KK 🙂 

Cheers everyone!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@KK Not good news from Mary. Robot Sad

Seems as though the Koodo rep became confused when he found your PM account and thought you were porting to Koodo. Hopefully when you ported back to PM that was your original PM number? If not it may be totally lost and you'll be stuck with a new number.

I think your next step is to respond to Mary with the plan(s) you would ideally like with PM and see what can be done. 

Don't give up yet.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @KK,

thank you for your patience!

I've just taken a look at your case and confirming what my colleague told you, your account was deactivated on December 20th 2017 due to a port-out. This was not a simple number change and the number cannot be ported out without the account-holder giving the information as well as authorization to the new provider. In order to port out, you need to provide the NSP with your PM account number and PIN#. 

Did you attempt to initiate a port with Koodo? Once you do, and the number is ported, the account becomes automatically deactivated by the system - there is absolutely no way to avoid or prevent this.

Please let us know, as I can confirm on our end that the account has been deactivated due to a port out.

Regards,

Mary

KK

Whoops.  Thanks (typo).   I talked with them and they said my problem is covered and to lay a complaint.  If if everything not resolved today I will. 

KK

I was setting up a second mobile account at Koodo.  I had no intention of cancelling my PM account.  Love it (usually).  I had been with Koodo and ported my number to PM approx. 2 yrs ago? .  The old Koodo account was under the same email address as my PM account.  Koodo told me to link my new phone to my old account.   This wasn't working so they deleted that account......and here I am.   I was so angry I canceled the Koodo account by porting that line to the new PM SIM I had to buy.   I am still hopeful that PM will do something as I did get another email from the Mods BUT I still don't have anything back.

@KK wrote:

I will be hollering at Koodo some more and contacting the CRTC about this.  It is crazy that my account could be cancelled by a third party without consent (or accidentally by deleting my old profile).   I am still hoping PM comes through and at minimum gives me back my plan and credits. 

To save yourself some time, and hopefully get things done faster for you, please be aware CRTC is not who you should be contacting about something like this.  If you do contact them, they will flat-out tell you this and instead advise you to contact another organization.  You should be going here if you feel that you can't work out this dispute with Public Mobile:  https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

Realize though that organzation will simply first ask you to work things out with Public Mobile.  Also, know that in the case of an unauthorized number port out if that is what has happened here, Public Mobile is required to fix this.  In fact, I would also consider something lke this to be considered an accidental cancellation at the hands of the carrier, for which they're actually required to reinstate your service by the end of the next business day. 

@KK  Do hope you get a better resolution that you currently achieved so far. I am somewhat confused about your actual objective. Were you getting ready to port-out from PM to Koodo, or vice versa? It's not clear what led you to be talking to Koodo about a PM account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

KK

When Koodo cancelled my old account with them it apparently ported my old number according to Public Mobile.  Now Koodo insists they did not port my number and I did not port my number.   Public Mobile basically says I am S.O.L.  It appears I might have lost my $120/12 gb promo plan, referrals and loyalty credit and long distance package.   Plus I just paid this month for my next 90 days.  At least I assume this is the case as I have repeatedly asked about this and all I got in response from Public Mobile was: "As a result the only option left is to buy a new SIM card from Walmart and create another account with a different username. I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience." 

I will be hollering at Koodo some more and contacting the CRTC about this.  It is crazy that my account could be cancelled by a third party without consent (or accidentally by deleting my old profile).   I am still hoping PM comes through and at minimum gives me back my plan and credits. 

KK

Yes.  I had post paid Koodo and PM with no problem.  Timing was just suspicious and they were deleting my old Koodo account for which the number had been transferred to PM exactly at the moment my PM account was cancelled.  Anyway, I will let you know if it was truly some outrageous coincidence or related when I find out. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have a Koodo post paid account with same email as my Public Mobile account.  I have no problems.  I think the issues are with duplicate email with Koodo prepaid service.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @KK,

I have Koodo account with the same email address that is also linked to my PM account.  No problems so far.

However, to rule this out, you can change the email address linked to one of the accounts and if that was causing truble, the service should be restored.  

The problem when porting from Koodo to PM was limited to Koodo prpaid to PM.  Postpaid Koodo is not a problem as I know firsthand.  

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@KK same thing happened a few times in the past

Public assigned the customers existing phone number to a new client

Hopefully not same issue with you as it is difficult to clean up

Send all info to mods and hope they working before new years

KK

I already contacted a moderator first thing. 🙂     I was curious if anyone else had the same issue.  I was thinking it might be related to my opening an account at Koodo with same email address.  They say they aren't  linked but the first time I called the Koodo help line it literally said thank you for calling Public Mobile.   Anyway, they set up my account (with new number -  no port) and we were disconnected because my PM SIM stopped working right then.  SIM not provisioned happens when your SIM is cancelled by service provider or number ported.   I know my number wasn't  ported.....so I am left with suspicion that Koodo literally deleted my Public Mobile account when they created my Koodo account.......because they said they were deleting my old Koodo account when my SIM ceased working. ............might be coincidence but there was a known issue with it being problematic to port from koodo to PM when the accounts had same email address. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have never encountered a sudden stoppage of service.  I am not sure what is meant by SIM cancelled.  As already mentioned, moderator team intervention is required.  @KK, if you are not familiar with contacting the moderator team, they can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@KK sorry to hear about your trouble. 

Since this is account related matter, you will have to contact the mod team. Please send a private message to @Moderator_Team

In your message to them, please include:

- explanation of your issue

- your account number and

- your phone number 

The moderators have gone home for the day, so you will have to wait till tomorrow morning and they will help sort out your issue. 

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@KK wrote:

I was literally talking on my phone when it stops working.......SIM card not Provisioned.    I try to log into my account and it doesn't work.  I try forgot password (I didn't) and my email address is not recognized.  Has anyone else been suddenly deleted and disconnected?   

@KK contact the MOD

Need Help? Let's chat.