cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally deleted eSIM during number port

Tigizoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I was having issues porting my number to an eSIM to a new phone.  When it appeared to be completed, I noticed that there were two SIMs on the new phone.  So I proceeded to delete what appeared to be the SIM from the old phone.  After deletion I do not see my eSIM.  I am lost and confused.  Did or will I lose my ported number I want to keep for my new phone?  I have no idea what to do next.  I tried opening a ticket from a computer browser for assistance but ticket submission would error and not generate the ticket.  Can anyone please provide guidance I what I should do next?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tigizoo the number porting will have nothing to do with the eSIM or a physical SIM so no need to worry on that part. Did your number complete porting? I.e., at any point were you able to confirm the Public Mobile SIM was working? Since you mentioned the PM eSIM is no longer showing and you therefore are only seeing your old Bell eSIM, try calling out, and texting as well as data. Then try calling your cell number, does it ring? If the porting completed then you should not have any service with the Bell eSIM and you should then delete it. Confirm that you have no eSIMs or physical SIM cards in the phone. Next, go into your PM app and "purchase" another eSIM, there should be no charge to you since you already had one and just complete the setup, likely scanning a QR code that should be emailed to you.

Tigizoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Also what is currently showing as the current eSIM under Cellular settings is an eSIM as Bell (my old provider) for my new phone.  That was what I was trying to delete in the first place but I no longer see the PublicMobile eSIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.