cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About transfer

briannahodder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What happens to the current plan i have with telus prepaid when I transfer my number to public mobile.. I still have like 2 weeks left on my plan but I have a new sim card for public mobile and I want to know before I go any further.. will the telus prepaid plan be no good or will it still work because the prepaid plans r pretty similar.. @

11 REPLIES 11

@Chrissyrioux12   You're correct that the account would close as soon as the number is ported out, luckily Telus/Koodo/PM accounts allow a little leeway if numbers are being transferred between the family group and as long as the account wasn't deactivated for too long a period, then customer support can still facilitate the transfer even if the account was recently closed.   Unless, of course, there's been some recent policy change by Telus and it's subsidiaries.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@briannahodder 

If you have a prepaid Telus account, it is best to port your old number over to PM 1 or 2 days before your renewal date since you paid for the service.

Postpaid service you can port out anytime and the unused days will be prorated and will receive a credit.

In either case, remember to keep your Telus SIM in your phone and wait for a text confirming you are porting over to PM and reply with YES during Activation of the SIM. There is a 90 minute window for you to reply. If you missed this window, you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process so don’t miss this window.

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The minute yo7 port out it closes but if yo7 wait too long to portyo7 could lose your number with Telus 

I did it for my fil and you lose the remainder amount of money on pay as you go

i I’d this on my own with no help and didn’t take long to port out 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@briannahodder 

you could just activate your new PM account right away and take a new number...then initiate a port a few days before Telus plan expires.

That way you gt to "test drive" your new PM experience.

@dust2dust  I don’t know it’s sometimes just auto jumps in there on me 

@Handy1- What's with all the @'s by the way? (other than tags)

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid, or Koodo Postpaid, the process will be the same as transferring in from a different carrier..

@dust2dust @briannahodder @@Oops my bad , sorry for confusion and thank you @dust2dust @for that clarification 

@Handy1 wrote:

but seeing as you have Telus pre paid and not post paid you will need agents help with this 

@Handy1- That's only true for Koodo prepaid and PC Mobile.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@briannahodder once number is ported ,  account on the old provider will be closed.  Since you have Telus prepaid, no partial refund on unused days.

Usually porting is quick, but things could go wrong.  DO NOT wait till last day to port. I suggest to port st least 3 to 5 days before cycle ends just in case

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@briannahodder @Once you port your number from Telus to pm your Telus account will close .. but seeing as you have Telus pre paid and not post paid you will need agents help with this 

Getting help from agent

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get                       

Or get help right here in the community

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Need Help? Let's chat.