cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About rewards

Finesse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just recommended a friend to use pubic, but I only got a $1 reward. I saw a reputation saying that recommending a friend before December 31 can get a $5 reward

15 REPLIES 15

@Finesse 

Sorry but the $30 bonus referral credit was only 1 per account.

Finesse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I invited two friends to use Pubilc in December last year and only got $5 off, two friends should get $10

@allagelman wrote:

@HALIMACS 

I wouldn't be waiting till January to find out.

@allagelman  terms for the $30 extra bonus:

(2) $30 Refer-a-friend bonus added to eligible customer accounts in $5 monthly increments for 6 months. Monthly credit will be applied as long as each payment is made before or on renewal date. Customers must use their unique referral code. Limited to one credit per customer. Offer ends December 31st 2021 11:59 EST, referred customer must activate by that time. Eligible customers will receive a monthly SMS confirmation when credit has been applied to the account. Credit will be applied within the first week of each month, starting in January.

as long as @Finesse  see his friend he referred in Dec on his My Account Friend Referral list, it is unnecessary to contact PM Support at the moment

allagelman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HALIMACS

I can agree with, "However I think you'll find that most of the suggestions on this forum may far outweigh the effectiveness of the CSA's in general."

For sure on that 110%. Also, Koodo and PM online Self Serve is one of the best in the industry so again between that and community it works pretty well most of the time. I prefer not contacting MOD as well unless its really needed.

@allagelman wrote:

@HALIMACS 

It honestly depends on the situation. If all else fails nothing wrong to recommend contacting an MOD lol. . . . . 😂😂😂

We can't call PM. Don't be afraid to message an MOD if you feel that's the best option for you. (General statement intended for anyone reading).

@allagelman 

I agree with your first statement "It honestly depends on the situation"

Certainly, a lot of users will use the customer support agents before posting on the Community.   They still haven't 'cut the cord' from their prior mobile service approach:  phone a CSR, wait on the line, get an inconsistent reply, speak with someone else, get a different reply, etc, etc... ---  rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat...

Thing about this Community is it's filled with users with real-life experience using PM services.   Sure, the CSA's know how to deal with strictly account-related matters that you or I may not be able to remedy.

However I think you'll find that most of the suggestions on this forum may far outweigh the effectiveness of the CSA's in general.

It's just been my experience.   Each persons will be different.

allagelman

@HALIMACS 

I believe we are both right on this. It highly depends on OP like you mentioned previously.

allagelman

@HALIMACS 

It honestly depends on the situation. If all else fails nothing wrong to recommend contacting an MOD lol. . . . . 😂😂😂

We can't call PM. Don't be afraid to message an MOD if you feel that's the best option for you. (General statement intended for anyone reading).

@allagelman wrote:

@HALIMACS 

@allagelman 

I can understand your skepticism, I suppose.

If the OP sees their friends last 4 digits of their number under their My Rewards section, then they indeed have made the referral successfully.

Why bother the Customer Service Agents unless the OP DOESN"T see that the friends number added to their refer-a-friend category listing?

Just take a screenshot of the page showing the number, then on the January renewal, they'll see the added $5.00.   No need to involve CSA's at all.

allagelman

@HALIMACS 

@allagelman 

Contacting a customer support agent would only be necessary if the OP does not see the referral bonus credit on their January and go-forward renewal cycles. (presuming the referred customer remains active)

Otherwise their question has been accurately answered above.

Good information otherwise!! 😀

allagelman

@Finesse  I recommend contacting an MOD. You can send a private message to CS_Agent and ask them the same question. Additionally, great benefit of friend referral program at PM you will always get the $1 reward each month as long as that friend stays with PM.

Hope this helps! 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I've got GREAT news for you @Finesse 

Starting on January renewal, you'll not only get a $6 discount ($5 bonus + $1 referral reward) but you also get that every 30 days following in February, March, April, May, and June. 

Then, starting in July 2022, you'll continue to get $1 off per cycle as long as the person you referred remains a customer. 

@Finesse 

The good thing is you have the $1 reward in your account so you know your referral code was used successfully. The $5 (×6 months) will be added to your account in the first week of January. You will be notified by text message when it is added.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would receive a $5 reward starting in early January 

• Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Finesse 

Terms & Conditions 

(1) One-time $0 2GB data add-on and one-time $0 500 minutes International Long Distance calling add-on are available to be added by all new and existing Public Mobile customers during December 1st 2021 9:00AM ET and December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET. New customers will have add-ons automatically added to their accounts within 1 week of activation. Existing customers will receive a SMS between December 1-15. Reply to receive add on automatically loaded to account. Free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off account when fully used. Each free add-on will only be added to each customer account once. International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

(2) $30 Refer-a-friend bonus added to eligible customer accounts in $5 monthly increments for 6 months. Monthly credit will be applied as long as each payment is made before or on renewal date. Customers must use their unique referral code. Limited to one credit per customer. Offer ends December 31st 2021 11:59 EST, referred customer must activate by that time. Eligible customers will receive a monthly SMS confirmation when credit has been applied to the account. Credit will be applied within the first week of each month, starting in January.

Need Help? Let's chat.