cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN setting

kim409
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bought US roaming today and the PM site says the APN S/B "sp.mb.com", mine is "isp.mb.com".  Will that matter?

10 REPLIES 10

kim409

Thank You.  Set to SP.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @computergeek541  

so, if I am setting up hotspot, I need to change the APN to isp.mb.com  ?

It's a second APN entry.

The settings that are pre-programmed for Public Mobile have a second APN settting of isp.mb.com and APN type of dun.  There have been some cases where isp.mb.com has stopped functioning and people have added the APN type of dun to sp.mb.com but isp.mb.com is the official tethering APN.

HI @computergeek541  

so, if I am setting up hotspot, I need to change the APN to isp.mb.com  ?

@Tsawwassen wrote:

Mine is also isp.mb.com  -- suggest that you set "network Settings" to automatic.

For "automatic", that is a for network selection and network type only.  It has no effect on APN setings,

@kim409 wrote:

Bought US roaming today and the PM site says the APN S/B "sp.mb.com", mine is "isp.mb.com".  Will that matter?

In most usage cases, sp.mb.com should be used. isp.mb.com is for data tethering/sharing with other devices.

HI @kim409   yes, roaming Talk will include the call back to Canada as well

But make sure you download TextNow as a backup, in case VoLTE not working and you cannot connect to T-Mobile's 2G network

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Mine is also isp.mb.com  -- suggest that you set "network Settings" to automatic.

kim409

I don't go to the US until Thursday so won't know till then, have turned on roaming.  On another note: talk/text includes long distance minutes for calls to/from CA?  This is my 1st time using PM roaming add-on so not sure.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@kim409 wrote:

The few times I have bought US roaming, it worked as soon as I hit the border, no changes required on my part. Is yours not working?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

APN SETTING iPhone

Changing APN settings on an iPhone click HERE.

Changing APN settings on Android phones click HERE.

Need Help? Let's chat.