cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN setting disappear after rebooting. And no service available therefore.

XOGASN
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Every time I reboot my phone, the APN setting will just disappear, and I have to type in them again and again and again. When the APN setting is gone, there are signal bars showing, but there is no service available. 

18 REPLIES 18

XOGASN

Thank you for sharing, but I'm afraid this is not related. For convenience in typing, I often use '1' or 'Q' as a name. I don't think any prebuilt setting profile would have the same name.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@XOGASN   According to this Samsung thread, it is a Samsung software update bug.  I notice someone from PM posted towards the end of the thread, is that you?

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S23/APN-Settings-removed-after-reboot/td-p/2800497 

@XOGASN wrote:

This is exactly what I did every time I lost my service. And it doesn't solve the problem. Every time I reboot, this setting disappears.  It's not like I don't know what to fill in. Every time I fill in the exactly same thing, and it is lost after rebooting.

@XOGASN , what APN name have you assigned to the manually entered APN settings?  Perhaps it is in conflict with an existing APN on file and therefore you are unable to permanently save the manually create APN.  Try making up a name using random characters.  The APN name is not important to functionality, it just needs to be unique to other APNs stored on the phone.  

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@XOGASN 

the APN entries stored on the phone's ROM for PM could be corrupted somehow 

XOGASN

The thing is I never had this problem with other carrier before, using the same phone. 

slusagm

@XOGASN 

it is not a network problem but phone. APN settings saved in the ROM., must a be something wrong

your phone should be less than 1 year, you bring it back to Samsung, it will ask you to do the same thing (reset)

with phone swap so easily done with cloud backup, you really need to Reset it once.  If same, I would bring it back for warranty repair

XOGASN

Canada. Always updated. Will check. 

XOGASN

It's a S24 plus as I have said. I bought it in Canada. So I believe it's a mainstream phone, shouldn't be anything wrong with that.  There are too much information in my phone to reset it sadly. 

HI @XOGASN 

is that a Canadian S24+ or you got it from overseas?

it should not clear all APN profiles, if it does, something wrong with the phone

Make sure you update the OS

and for experiment, maybe create 2 APN profiles and check if both gone after a reboot 

slusagm

@XOGASN 

it is a phone problem. you can try to Reset the phone and test

(btw, I updated the APN settings above from my initate post, now is the correct one)

XOGASN

This is exactly what I did every time I lost my service. And it doesn't solve the problem. Every time I reboot, this setting disappears.  It's not like I don't know what to fill in. Every time I fill in the exactly same thing, and it is lost after rebooting.

slusagm

@XOGASN 

try create a new APN and save it and test

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN Type: default,supl,mms

(updated)

XOGASN

S24 plus. 

XOGASN

As I have said, it's a Samsung S24 plus. I have tried 'reset mobile network settings' and it doesn't work. There is no such a thing called reset all networks for my phone.

slusagm

@XOGASN 

Same thing, Samsung calls it Reset Network Settings, some call Reset All Networks

What model is that Samsung?

XOGASN

I have tried reset mobile network settings and there is no such thing called reset all networks for Samsung. And the problem is still there.

slusagm

@XOGASN 

you tried Reset All Networks?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @XOGASN 

what phone do you have?

try reboot it once more, then click Reset All Networks

Need Help? Let's chat.