cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52s registration?

seipyrnen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently bought a new phone.(Samsung A52s)

But my Sim card is not recognized by the phone.

What should I do?

I tried to turn on and off many times but that doesn't work

I can provide IMEI if needed.

18 REPLIES 18

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@seipyrnen 

Yes! Your sim card wont work outside of Canada except the US with a US Roaming add on.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

seipyrnen

It works well with my old phone. Seems I am not in Canada, the activation has a problem.

@seipyrnen wrote:

yes I am an old customer. I have been using public mobile about a year. It worked well with my previous phone..

As you were already a Public Mobile customer, does your SIM card still work in your past Public Mobile device?  If so, this would mean that this is entirely a device issue.

seipyrnen

I am currently travelling...will it be the matter?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@seipyrnen 

But your sim card works in your old phone? Sounds like your new phone is a dud?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@seipyrnen wrote:

I checked the website. it says "This service is limited to organisations making queries from within Canada only." what does that mean?

This means that devicecheck.ca thinks that you're not in Canada.  If you're using a VPN, disable it.  It's also possible that your IP address is being incorrectly detected as being in another country.  

@seipyrnen 

Can you put the SIM card back in your old phone just to make sure the card is working and not damaged?

> I checked the website. it says "This service is limited to organisations making queries from within Canada only." what does that mean?

@seipyrnen are you in Canada now? or you are using VPN?  somehow the site thinks you are not from Canada.  Have a friend to help you access the site and check if the phone is clean.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@seipyrnen 

Does your model have a SIM & microSD tray or dual SIM?

If it is the SIM & microSD tray, most people just turn off their screen and not power off (rebooting) the phone by holding down the power button then power off. Then wait a couple of minutes then powering back on.

If it is a dual SIM tray, try the second slot as noted by @darlicious then reboot the phone.

seipyrnen

It is a new one that I opened. I tried both slot 1 and slot2.  both don't work..

seipyrnen

yes I am an old customer. I have been using public mobile about a year. It worked well with my previous phone..

seipyrnen

I checked the website. it says "This service is limited to organisations making queries from within Canada only." what does that mean?

seipyrnen

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Is it BNIB or a used purchase new phone? Could be blacklisted as mentioned if the latter. That phone is definitely compatible with PM unless it is some obscure international model and even then it would most likely be at least partially functional

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@seipyrnen 

Is it dual sim? Try slot 2. Was the phone open box or CPO?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@seipyrnen 

I assume you are not a new customer according to your community profile. As long as your phone is unlocked and not blacklisted try reinserting the SIM card again. Also try resetting your network settings and rebooting.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@seipyrnen   did you try if the SIM works on another phone?

did you try if your phone takes sim from another provider?

If it is a SIM issue (You put the sim card in another phone and still unable to get it work), you can get a new SIM and arrange change SIM card.

if other SIM does not work on your new phone, it is a device problem.  Where you got the phone from?  If a private sell, check if the phone is blacklisted here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

If you got it from Samsung or other store, arrange for exchange or repair

@seipyrnen wrote:

I recently bought a new phone.(Samsung A52s)

But my Sim card is not recognized by the phone.

What should I do?

I tried to turn on and off many times but that doesn't work

I can provide IMEI if needed.

There's no need to post your IMEI here. The only people who would see it are other cutsomers.  Have you checked at devicecheck.ca to see if make sure that the device hasn't been blocked from use?  Also, if you take your Public Mobile SIM card and insert it into a phone that has already been tested with Public Mobile before, does the service on your SIM card work?

Need Help? Let's chat.