cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 term to 30 term (black friday deal)

podo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 1 month left to my current 90 day term. I want to change to 30 day term, to one of the black friday deals. I still have a lot of data left but if I do change, do I lose the last 30 days or is it possible to get a refund on what is remaining?

12 REPLIES 12

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@podo There wouldn't be a refund but the best workaround would be to select the option where the plan takes effect on your next renewal date. This way, you'll make the most of your hard earned money which you spent on the 90 day plan and take advantage of the current promotion without any risk of it expiring 🙂 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@podo  Yes good attitude and me to I’m hoping the cyber Monday / Boxing Day might be the 50GB for $34 that freedom is offering right now . Fingers crossed 🤞 

podo

Thank you all for the great responses! I will try it and if they do change the price, hope there will be something similar for the boxing day lol

@Handy1 wrote:

@podo  Just take screen shot like I have for proof just incase something goes south on your renewal  day 

@Handy1 , I did the same, I took a screenshot of the change on renewal & screenshot of the upcoming payment!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@podo  Just take screen shot like I have for proof just incase something goes south on your renewal  day 

@podo  

PM usually will honour the promotion price as long as the plan change is scheduled when the promotion is still available, even the plan start date will be after

Of course, things can change.  I think you can still schedule the plan change  for future (using Change on Renewal), take clear screenshot with the date there and keep it.  If it does not change to the new plan on the renewal, message support and ask again 

podo

hmm so looks like it works and what the agent told me is wrong info. Thanks!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@podo  Just make plan change for next renewal and not immediately or you lose money on your current cycle . And your rewards will stay the same  .i just switched to this plan myself from 90 days to 30 day have a look 

Handy1_0-1700967148255.pngHandy1_1-1700967166829.png

podo

I asked an agent through chat and I was told that I would not get the same price if I choose "next renewal" because pricing will be different at that point.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@podo wrote:

I have 1 month left to my current 90 day term. I want to change to 30 day term, to one of the black friday deals. I still have a lot of data left but if I do change, do I lose the last 30 days or is it possible to get a refund on what is remaining?

@podo , unfortunately they won’t give refunds for any unused time of your plan. Just go into your account & select the plan to change on renewal & not select change plan now. Thats what I did. 🙂

@podo wrote:

Sorry, but there won't be any refund.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@podo 

When changing plans choose change on next renewal date. Do not choose immediate plan change because you will not get any credit for your current plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.