cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 days plan data question

penny1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am currently on a 90-day 1.5G data plan. I want to know for the entire 90 days, I will only have 1.5G? Or I will have 1.5G every 30 days?

If the 1.5G is for the entire 90-day, it would be too expensive to pay $30 per month. I would rather choose a 30-day plan. Hope someone can clarify for me.

I am new to public mobile, just curious is there a welcome 1G add-on bonus?

"To view your Welcome or Referral 1GB add-on please see your Overview page." shows in my account, but I can't find the 1G information.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

shadowbanker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As mentioned above you save by paying for the 90d plan. With the 90d plans you get the full bucket of data up front to use over that period. So for example if you get 3 gigs of data over 90 days, you could in theory use all 3 gigs right away.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@penny1 wrote:

If the 1.5G is for the entire 90-day, it would be too expensive to pay $30 per month. I would rather choose a 30-day plan. Hope someone can clarify for me.

@penny1 I'm not sure what you mean by this part.  As @NDesai noted, on a 90 day plan, the amount of data you see is for the entire 90 days not just for 30. However, if you look at an equivalent 30 day plan, it is more expensive than paying for 90 days at a time. 

For example, I'm guessing you are currently on the 90 day, Province-wide talk, Global text, and 1.5GB of 3G data plan, at a cost of $90 per 90 days.  For comparrison, that's $1 per day, $365 per year annual cost:

90DayPlan.png

If you were to switch to an equivalent 30 day plan, it would be the 30 day, Province-wide talk, Global Text, and 500MB of 3G data, for $32 per 30 days.  For comparison, that works out to $32/30 = $1.07 per day, or $389.33 per year annual cost:

30DayPlan.png

So this plan over the course of a calendar year would cost you $389.33 - $365 = $24.33 more per year for exactly the same service.

Just food for thought.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@penny1 Yes, you will have 1.5GB for the entire 90 days. If you need more data, you might want to select more data. The 90 days pre-paid service gives you some discount compare to the same 30 days plan. 

The welcome 1GB bonus message you saw during activation is an error. They ran a promo but it's now expired. 

Need Help? Let's chat.