cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“8UV1….your call cannot be completed as dialled.”

TH04
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This only occurs with one Vancouver Telus home phone number. I can connect with several other “home” numbers without issue. Searching the Internet has not provided a solution. 

44 REPLIES 44

WETCOAST99

Hello @TH04 , @softech , and @LurganIeUk ,

I submitted a ticket with a Public Mobile rep and they escalated the issue to Telus. You were absolutely correct. It was a Telus issue the whole time. The Public Mobile Tech team had to reach out to Telus technicians to solve the issue. There was no home visit required. Everything was done behind the scenes. I'm glad that it's all fixed and working now! I am now able to call my Telus landline # once again using my Public mobile cell #!

Thank you for the help everyone! I'm so glad we have this forum!

Cheers,

Sam (aka WETCOAST99)

TH04

Sam,

The tech folks work as a team so they should have this dealt with in quick order. I’m sure they will have my case file at their disposal. 
Cheers, 

TH04

WETCOAST99

Hi LurganleUk,

I live in North Vancouver. I tried your method above but it still didn't work. I've submitted a ticket with Public Mobile. I hope they can get this resolved!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Cheers,

Sam

WETCOAST99

Hi TH04,

Thank you for the information. I've submitted a ticket for this one.

Thank you for the help you guys! Cheers!

-Sam

WETCOAST99

Hi Softech,

Thank you for the information. I've submitted a ticket for this one.

Thank you for the help you guys! Cheers!

-Sam

Depends where you live in the Fraser Valley? If Chilliwack or Hope etc and are calling greater Vancouver you need to add a 1. Or if you are in Maple Ridge calling Deroche...add a 1. Or easier yet add +1 to any questionable number in your contacts list. 

@WETCOAST99   

You tried to reboot your phone already?

Just open a ticket with PM Support.  Yes, this seems to be a problem when a particular PM cell line call Telus home line.   But I believe other can call your Telus home line without any trouble.  So, just open ticket with PM Support and provide them both phone numbers and they will check.  No, No home visit required, it is more an issue on the PM cellular service side

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

TH04

Hi WETCOAST99,

From my understanding the issue was a technical one within the Telus Network and not individual home phones. The problem I had (phoning a friend in a different city) was eventually corrected when the Public Mobile Technical Department dealt directly with Telus technicians. No home visit was required.  Hope this helps you get your situation resolved.

Cheers,

TH04

WETCOAST99

Hi TH04,

I’m currently experiencing the exact same issue that you had. My cell phone is with Public Mobile. My home phone is with Telus. For some reason, every time I try to call home, I get this “8UV1, your call cannot be completed as dialed.” In the end, did a Telus technician have to stop by the house or was Telus able to fix it without sending a tech over?

Kind regards,

Sam

Thanks for the update, it is helpful.  I notice it is true that it is always a problem when calling Telus.  So, I am glad we know more about what this 8UV1 issue is  

again, thanks

TH04

Hi Softech, 

The issue was finally resolved last Friday May 6th. It finally proved to be a Telus landline issue, not a PM problem despite the corporate relationship.
I was not told the particulars of the technical problem or fix but after a month I was relieved that it was fixed. 

@TH04   just want to confirm if you got the end of it with your 8UV1 problem?  Did PM explain what happened?

TH04

Thank you for your interest. All of which you speak of has been checked out and done. I have no way of knowing what service providers other callers to the particular phone number might be using.

Tech Support is now handling the issue. When it is resolved and if applicable I will share any noteworthy information. 

@TH04 wrote:

If you read the whole thread you will see that all other calls connect successfully. 

Sorry, this is a long thread: 🙂

So, for those other who can call the Telus home number, anyone of them on Telus or PM? 

do you have another phone around you can try to put your PM sim there and test?  This could trigger a SIM/account provision and it could resolve the issue.  Try it if you haven't done yet. 

TH04

If you read the whole thread you will see that all other calls connect successfully. 

the "8UV1" is a system issue, nothing to do with blocking on the device level or DNCL.  

Again, you have this 8UV1 when you call this particular Telus home phone number?  Anyone else able to call this Telus home number?  

@TH04 wrote:

The last time I checked the DNC system does not block phone numbers. It is only a registry, and is useless to say the least. Call display and call blocking work much better.  The phone I’m calling does not have these features and they are not on the DNC Registry.  
Your calls to others will show up as “private caller”, “unknown” or “unavailable” if you choose to NOT show your “Caller ID”. 

That's correct. the DNCL does nothing of the sort. It is nothing but a database of phone numbers.

TH04

The last time I checked the DNC system does not block phone numbers. It is only a registry, and is useless to say the least. Call display and call blocking work much better.  The phone I’m calling does not have these features and they are not on the DNC Registry.  
Your calls to others will show up as “private caller”, “unknown” or “unavailable” if you choose to NOT show your “Caller ID”. 

@jhol wrote:

Do you know if they have registered for the "Do Not Call" list? It might be filtering out your number and they may have to file a complaint or deregister to make your number an exception.

This is the link for them to file a complaint with the Natioinal Do Not Call Registry.
https://lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/en/Consumer/File-a-complaint/#!/

I know my PM number shows up at other's homes as as private caller/unknown number and it's assumed to be a telemarketer.

Someone being registered on the national do no call list does not prevent anyone from calling.  It's only a list advising companies not to call the person unsolicited.  This situation is being caused by a Telus network error.

jhol

Do you know if they have registered for the "Do Not Call" list? It might be filtering out your number and they may have to file a complaint or deregister to make your number an exception.

This is the link for them to file a complaint with the Natioinal Do Not Call Registry.
https://lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/en/Consumer/File-a-complaint/#!/

I know my PM number shows up at other's homes as as private caller/unknown number and it's assumed to be a telemarketer.

TH04

I wonder also. They did not provide any suggestions.  

TH04

I did not make the call to Telus. A family member of the Vancouver Telus customer called and all Telus would do is suggest that I make a call. As they couldn’t solve the issue I don’t see much point in calling them. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TH04 wrote:

Telus was contacted but was not helpful. 

@TH04 

Telus does own Public Mobile, so I wonder what they said...were you the one that talked to them?

Hi @TH04 not helpful?  what did they say?

TH04

Telus was contacted but was not helpful. 

TH04

Thank you. I have tried all suggestions and have now submitted a ticket to Support. 

hi @TH04 what you meant by Long distance?  LD is a different thing 

To open ticket with CS Agent, directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.   Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

type: Contact CS Agent

Click "Contact Us"

Click "Other"

Click "Click here to submit a ticket"

you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@TH04 wrote:

I’ve tried all suggestions including changing my Cellular Data APN setting from “isp.mb.com” to “SP.MB.COM” with no change in the issue. I can call long distance from my home phone. How do I contact support directly? A link was posted earlier in this thread but I can’t find it and “Simon” is useless. 

Please don't make any adjustments to APN settings for this issue.  APN settings are unrelated to calling issues.  SIMon will eventually give the option to contact a customer support agent. Typing that in should even get there.

TH04

I’ve tried all suggestions including changing my Cellular Data APN setting from “isp.mb.com” to “SP.MB.COM” with no change in the issue. I can call long distance from my home phone. How do I contact support directly? A link was posted earlier in this thread but I can’t find it and “Simon” is useless. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

If number blocked on the device level, you would not get the 8UV1 error😀

@TH04 

8uv1 is an error on Telus/PM due to high call volume on the system.

Are you getting the same error for calling different numbers?   did you try to put a 1 in front of the number you are calling? Or try to manually put in the number instead of using contact stored on the phone?

And you incoming calls are working?

Try to reseat the sim or at least reboot the phone and see how it goes.

Need Help? Let's chat.