cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8.5 GB Data and 2 GB US Roaming Plan Bravo

montreal501
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't have a question. I just wanted to say I have been using the now discontinued 8.5 GB Canada plan with 2 GB of US roaming per month tacked on for around 6 months now and it has been flawless and excellent value for money at $58 a month with autopay.

I travel to the US a lot and just having the convenience of not having to change SIM cards or incur expensive daily roaming fees is really cool.

On top of that, since joining, I've received 2 x 1 GB bonus data and 1 x 400 minute international calling add ons as bonuses which I am yet to use and overall, the experience has been amazing. I've seen some criticism on here that Public Mobile only give promotions to new customers so I hope that counters that perception. That is $75 worth of free add ons.

I was a little hesitant when signing up regarding the 3G speed data but so far, I've not noticed any difference over the LTE speeds I had with my previous provider and can even stream Netflix without any issues.

Thanks to Public Mobile for a great plan. I hope this or a similar plan will return at some point for others who missed it the first time around.

6 REPLIES 6

@montreal501 wrote:

What was the friends and family plan? Was that something Public never offered?

PM never has offered a "Friends and Family Plan". Only one account per sim.

montreal501
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What was the friends and family plan? Was that something Public never offered?

👍The good old friends and family plan. Grandfathered before I ever heard of Public Mobile. How I pine for thee. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@montreal501  Thanks for sharing your experience. It is a great plan for snowbirds and people that travel to the US on a regular  basis without a doubt. 👍

IIRC, the $60 US plan was not offered during the snowbird season.  Otherwise, it may generate more interest.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@montreal501  Thanks for sharing your experience. It is a great plan for snowbirds and people that travel to the US on a regular  basis without a doubt. 👍

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@montreal501 

Welcome to PM.  Enjoy your saving with PM.

The $60 US plan is for subscribers who travel to US frequently without the hassle of getting US roaming add-on especially for more than 10 days in US.

Need Help? Let's chat.