cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6mo 2GB Bonus

messenabout
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re 6mo 2GB Bonus (new customers only}

That's all well and fine for new customers joining PM. But me, a 3 year member, without Wi-Fi at home (til next week thank God) has spent $90 on extra data in the last 2 weeks with still two weeks to go In my month. This in addition to paying my $40 plan and then upgrading to a $50 plan all in the last 4 weeks.

Total savings (Rewards $40 - $4)   $4

Total burn: ($50 + $90)   $140   SO FAR!!!

WHAT IS LOYALTY?

22 REPLIES 22

Jordan1111
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Facebook/IG and YouTube shorts consume major data. I blasted through 15gb once in two and a half weeks because I was bored and scrolling

@messenabout   the OTA Antenna solution will work without internet  🙂

messenabout

Thank you! I've seen that on my smart TV but all it gave me were some listings but I guess without internet is not going to work now is it. Soon. Soon. Thx!

messenabout

I just want to send out a huge thank you to all you wonderful people here at the Public Mobile Community. Everyone has been so warm and friendly and knowledgeable and helpful (okay I know you're all just doing it for the money lol but you could have fooled me 😉).

Muchos Bravos to all of you!

PS I thought my modem came today and was so excited. Ripped into the package only to find a big old box of garbage bags! 🤬

@messenabout wrote:

Then I have to figure out how to watch TV through that because I can't afford the cable and the internet

HI @messenabout 

OTA Antenna, you can get some digital channels that way like CBC.  You could get good numbers of channels if you are close by , but you should get at least 1 or 2

Apps.  Some stations have app.  either use SmartTV or use it on your phone and cast to your TV

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you have a Samsung TV, phone, or tablet, download the Samsung TV Plus app, you can access 70+ TV channels for free. That's how I get CBC for free.

@messenabout I use Amazon Fire sticks. Haven't had cable or home phone in a few years.

@messenabout wrote:

Is there a way to bookmark any of these answers that I might want to refer to later?

@messenabout  - you can bookmark (or copy and paste and save) this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/6mo-2GB-Bonus/m-p/828774/highlight/true#M...

messenabout

Is there a way to bookmark any of these answers that I might want to refer to later?

messenabout

Wow I should have got that a long time ago never even occurred to me that I didn't use that amount of data so I shouldn't have been paying for it all these years haha well yes I will definitely downgrade once I check it out. I'm home 98% of my time. So onward and downward!

@messenabout 

There a few free TV apps that you can watch like Tubi or Pluto TV but I am sure members can recommend others.

I'm glad you are getting your internet sorted out. I haven't had cable in close to a decade...streaming and apps are the way to go for me 

@messenabout 

Yes looks like you will need to fork out other $15 until your modem arrives.

It is up to you if you want to go to a plan that suits your needs after you get your modem. 

You won't need a lot of data while you are at home...that is why I suggested the $25 plan.

I am at home most of the time and I use home wifi and I rack up about 2gb/month of data for googling, streaming and gaming.

Just have to test out how much data you need once you get your modem.

Good luck!

messenabout

@BKNS27 

What will changing to the $25/mo. Plan do for me?

messenabout

@gpixel4 Nope. And I have data saver on. Yeah not happy. But this nightmare is ending soon. I got internet at home 150/150 for $60 a month plus taxes unlimited. Then I have to figure out how to watch TV through that because I can't afford the cable and the internet

@messenabout 

it happens.. I'm surprised you're actually burning through that much data if all your doing is general usage and gaming. are you updating apps with the data?

messenabout

Yes I've had that bonus before in fact it sat on my account until this month I also used that up as well as an extra one gig. I think there should be a some sort of data package that you could purchase as in add-on rather than one gig one gig one gig

messenabout

Who was to know? I've never been in this position. Yes my first five gigabytes I binged Ozark. Learned my lesson quick. But I've just been using it for all the regular stuff since. I don't stream anything other than the odd reel on Facebook etc. I have too much spare time and I spend a lot of time on Candy Crush and the like I use it for emails. I've been ordering a lot of things lately so that's important and banking and just normal stuff you know. And my phone is in my hands bc I have too much time on my hands.

@messenabout 

maybe an upgrade to the $70/20.5GB was a better choice for the time being. it really depends what you were using the data for. if you were streaming content than $70 should have been the first choice. not 10.5GB

also if your device is esim capable you can purchase full LTE speed data plana front his site

esimdb.com/canada

messenabout

What will changing to the $25 a month plan do for me? I'm expecting my modem in the mail this week. But right now I have less than one megabyte so here I go with another $15

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@messenabout 

It is really unfortunate that you don't have internet at home next week.

I would suggest you check when your next renewal date is then downgrade your plan since you have already paid to the end of your renewal date.

My friend was in the same boat and final got internet at home few months ago and he was also on PM.

Or you can change your plan now to the $25/month plan or set the change on your next renewal date...this would save you a ton of money.

There are promos for bonus one time bonus 2gb of data and 500 minutes of international calling for existing customers...I hope this bonus is coming soon.

messenabout

PS I'm about to spend another 15 for one GB

Need Help? Let's chat.