cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6UT1 message with some US numbers

dbed
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I I’m experiencing an issue calling certain numbers in the states.  I get a 6UT1 error, despite having long distance minutes available in my account.  I know the number I’m calling is valid because my son (also on public mobile) can get through to it.  Also, 1-800 numbers don’t seem to be affected.

Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

dbed

It’s definitely up to date.  I used an incognito browser as well as multiple browsers.

Please, again, confirm that those minutes are there by either using incognito mode or clicking those little spinner refresh icons lower down to make sure the data displayed is up to date.

dbed

Sorry, I think I made that a bit Confusing.  What I mean was that my son who lives in the same house can call the number I can’t get through to.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dbed 

If you are having issues calling your son in the US.

Try WhatsApp or TextNow app on your home WiFi.

dbed

Thanks BKN.  I am calling from within Canada.

dbed

Hmm, the number starts with 518-452.  It has worked in the past and as mentioned my son can call it just fine.  I still have over 1000 US minutes (from multiple Christmas promos) which are the same minutes he used to get through. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dbed 

Just a reminder that the LD minutes to a USA number must be made in Canada.

If you are in the USA, you will need US Roaming add-on.

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

See this....

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726. Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

But is clear that the above USA numbers are an issue when calling from Canada. Barking up the wrong tree...sorry. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

But which long distance minutes do you have and do you have any left? Click on the little spinner refresh icons to make sure you're looking at current information.

Need Help? Let's chat.