cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G

SDW1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a 5G plan but my phone goes to LTE all the time in Manitoba and everywhere we go. Why is this?

4 REPLIES 4

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Your plan gives you access to 5G speed, not the 5G network. All plans can access the 5G network with a compatible device, but regardless you can still get 5G speed on the 4G network. Is your phone a 5G phone?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @SDW1 

I'm in Winnipeg myself and when I was using my 5G phone on Public Mobile 5G plan, it didn't show up as 5G either. FYI, iPhone 15 Pro Max. But after doing a speed test, I was getting 5G speeds. That's all that really matters. Do a speed test and see what you get.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SDW1 what phone is that?? if iPhone, test to set network mode to 5G on and see if it connects 

but it could be overall network issue there.  Did you run speed test?? with a 5G speed plan, you can get 5Gbspeed (200+ Mbps) even you are connected on LTE. Sometimes it is the speed that matters, not the network 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@SDW1   What phone do you have?  Does it show 5G in settings?  Could you have something like 5G Auto enabled where the phone chooses which to use?

Need Help? Let's chat.