cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G is not connecting

Parthvaidya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello there,

I Just got a new phone Samsung S24 Ultra from India. I fo have 5G plan with public mobile. Now before I had Samsung S22 ultra which I bought it from Canada and it was getting 5G. In addition, I live in 5G coverage area. I tried everything but I am still not getting 5G only 4G in my S24 ultra. Can someone please let me know what is problem. I tried changing APN as per public mobile but issue is still persisting. 

13 REPLIES 13

Parthvaidya

However, I had S22 Ultra which I bought it from Canada I used to get 5G but since I got this new phone from India S24 Ultra nothing more then 4G and also I am On 5G plan and also 5G coverage. I have reset the multiple times. 

Parthvaidya

Even by changing it barely 5 MBPS changes in download.

HI @Parthvaidya 

try choosing the LTE/3G auto connect option and test speed again

Parthvaidya

I have Samsung s24 Ultra and I reset it as well. It shows 5G/LTE/3G auto connect

HI @Parthvaidya 

what phone do you have?

you checked the network mode it is using? 4G or LTE?

and please try Reset All Networks

Parthvaidya

I have tried changing with APN n all but still it show the option but it is not connecting to 5G at all.

Parthvaidya

Actually, I checked the speed its barely 30 mbps download and 5 mbps upload. 

Parthvaidya

I agree. That's why I am not getting 5G 

@golfball 

from what I understand, PM does not block non-Canadian phones from using 5G, it is more a device issue. Part of the reason is the automatic settings only select the stronger signals, 4G or 5G and will only use 5G when heavy download is needed

@Parthvaidya , not sure if this is helpful, some people suggested this:

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-A/Force-quot-5G-only-quot-in-any-Samsung-5G-device/td-p/1...

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile will often block non-Canadian phone models from connecting to 5G.

Parthvaidya

I have s24 ultra SM- S928B/DS. I do have 5G option which I already enable. I have data saver turn off and battery saver.  I am still getting less speed.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Parthvaidya 

What is the exact model of that S24 ?  Just want to check if n66 and n78 are on the phone 5G's bands

And do you see 5G an option in the network mode?

and try to disable battery saver and data saver, those can disable 5G connection just to save battery and data

But one thing, if you have a 5G plan, staying with 4G will see give you the 5G plan top speed of 250Mbps, also, it is much battery freiendly

Parthvaidya
Need Help? Let's chat.