cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50GB Canada US $34 plan - Activation date

LMApeman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Planning to sign my parents up for this plan - am I correct in thinking that I can subscribe now, and once I get the SIM card and activate them the monthly charges will start from whatever date I activate? It may be a few weeks before we activate - can they still get the $34 plan where promo ends tomorrow? 

I am thinking of switching over my wife and I as well. Any downside to Public Mobile over the big 3? Our kids are on PM and has been good. But I utilize my phone for work so am concerned of any downtime, poor call quality, etc. I will miss having wifi calling as I read that is not available at PM but I think I can live without it. 

3 REPLIES 3

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @LMApeman 

Since tomorrow is the deadline for all those great promo's, you'd have to download the app and sign up tomorrow for everyone you want or can. Sure the SIM card will take up to 3 weeks to get in the mail. Now, there is no way per say to have a particular start date. However, because you get it in 3 weeks, doesn't mean you can't wait a few days till the date you want to start comes. Just saying you've got the plan and paid for it once you sign up, the 30 days just doesn't start till you activate the SIM card. Make sense? Side note, don't forget to use your kids referral codes so you and everyone you sign up for get the $10 bonus in the second month and they get $1 per month you stay with PM.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@LMApeman 

Correct.  Your plan will start when you receive the SIM card and finish the activation.  Yes, if you pay for the plan now, the $34 plan will be honored when you finish the activation of the SIM card after the promo ends. 

Public mobile lacks a few things that the big three have:  live customer service (phone or chat), Wifi calling, call control and international country roaming (except for USA).  If it is a work phone, personally I would suggest keeping with the big Three.  Some people may disagree, but saving a few dollars is not worth it if your service happens to go down and you can't get immediate customer service to help.  Public mobile service does not go down often at all, but why take the risk for an important work phone number.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LMApeman 

Your account is created when you activate the SIM. Sorry you can’t activate it at a set date.

Need Help? Let's chat.