cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 one-time Int'l LD bonus question

AshStrut
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have all 500 one-time Int'l LD bonus minutes, and I'm curious if it makes a difference if you make the call, or if you receive the call from an international number (US)? Just curious how it worked out for anyone who has used theirs! Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

Todlich2

I do not see Great Britain or UK in this list, is the UK not included?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@AshStrut 

from anywhere call received is free included your plan,

e.g. you want to make a call from canada to U.S
+1 before area code, +1582xxxxxxx,
if other country then 011 before area code.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@AshStrut 

Inbound minutes from any where for any length of time are free to you. No charges or debits to any of your minutes. 

All “add on” minutes are for outbound. 

Jasonb

A VERY common misconception among millions of cell phone users, is that there could ever be a charge for incoming calls.  20 years ago, maybe... you are charged for any minutes you use.  If you have unlimited calling (or incoming unlimited) you will never be charged for that air time, or LD minutes. As long as you are in Canada.  Period.  You are only responsible for LD minutes if making/placing a Long Distance call. 

AshStrut

Thanks all! Have never had to deal with international calls so I honestly had no idea receiving them wasn't a charge haha. Appreciate it a lot!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AshStrut   the Int'l LD bonus minutes is for you to make calls form Canada to selected countries.  

These are the countries you can call using the addon

**Intl long distance Add-On included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. Calls must originate from Canada.

As for receiving calls from another countries, you do NOT need any special add-on for that.   (in other word, it's free to receive those calls)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@AshStrut , minutes are charged to you if you make the call.  If you are receiving the call the other party is on the hook for long distance charges as applicable.

Need Help? Let's chat.