cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$5 savings per month - will it continue?

KamWest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I get $2 autopay and $3 loyalty for a total of $5 savings per month.

If I upgrade to the new 20gb $55 plan will I retain my $5 savings?

I do not wish to move to the new points system because I also have 4 other lines and all of them have $5 with one line having $10 in savings due to sign up bonuses.

Again I want to keep these OLD style bonuses and not move to the new points system.

Has anyone done an upgrade successfully and kept their old bonuses as well as their saved bonuses.

For instance I have 6gb in bonuses and hundreds of overseas minutes saved up as well.

9 REPLIES 9

@KamWest wrote:

Yeah, I googled and instantly found better deals on kijiji

Saw this plan as low as $45

I think it's time Public drops 3g and makes 4g standard

I will say that Public Mobile has the potential to have better plans than everyone after rewards/points are factored in. However, the plans on their own haven't been all that good for quite some time.

KamWest

Yeah, I googled and instantly found better deals on kijiji

Saw this plan as low as $45

I think it's time Public drops 3g and makes 4g standard

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@KamWest 

Rewards and bonus add on gifts like the "more is merrier' campaign holiday gifts are tied to your account not your plan. Just stay away from anything that says points on it.... if it tells you to check a box reconsider checking the box in your rewards account..... otherwise everything will remain the same once you change plans.

Keep in mind that when you schedule a change plan on next renewal it is always best to manually top up your account to cover the new plan amount if it is higher than your current plan amount otherwise you can suffer an autopay glitch where it fails to take the higher plan amount when it charges your card registered for autopay. As a result you can be suspended for insufficient funds.

@KamWest wrote:

Thats good news, the new $55 plan at the higher speeds is a bargain when you have a $5 savings.

At $50 it cannot be beat anywhere.

Sure it can as the customer hasn't maxed out the loyalty rewards yet.  While the $55 plan does offer good value compared to the other Public Mobile plans if you're going to use a lot of data, it unfortunately doesn't compare as well to some of the offerings elsewhere.

@KamWest , just make to not change to the new points reward system.  If you do your current rewards will be lost.  The replacement points are worth less.

KamWest

Thats good news, the new $55 plan at the higher speeds is a bargain when you have a $5 savings.

At $50 it cannot be beat anywhere.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@KamWest Hi you will not lose your rewards when you change/upgrade your plan since rewards are tied to your account not the plan you’re on

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@KamWest 

Changing plans will not cause you to lose the old rewards system you are on.

Need Help? Let's chat.