cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5% in Points for Plan Payment (not Plan Price)

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

An FYI: I am on a $34 plan and was under the impression that I would receive 5% of my Plan Price in Points. After applying my first $15 payment credit via Points, I received 5% of $19 so it appears we will receive 5% of whatever $ amount is billed.

10 REPLIES 10

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

We have to be mindful of what is happening and what should happen.  The credits should be based on the plan cost.  If redemption is results in reduced rewards, then effectively there is a "redemption fee".  

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It’s correct, I have a $15 plan and redeemed 15 points for $15 credit and got zero points.

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @will13am just tried a renewal pad from Available Funds which came from points redemption and don't get any points back. 

I also asked agent and they said clearly only payment from credit card or vouchers would get points.  Of course .  PM agent could be wrong , but from previous experience, look like support agent was correct 

I just asked and got a different answer.  

hi @will13am just tried a renewal pad from Available Funds which came from points redemption and don't get any points back. 

I also asked agent and they said clearly only payment from credit card or vouchers would get points.  Of course .  PM agent could be wrong , but from previous experience, look like support agent was correct 

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @will13am 

why you think I looked at your accounts?

I was sharing my experience. 

I helped couple friends activated with points before and compare my own couple accounts that migrated to points, they have have same experience with the 5% as said above

Rewards are based on the amount paid for the plan, not the originating source of account funds which is not necessarily discernable.  Account funds can be from top ups, rewards, credits due to account errors.  

hi @will13am 

why you think I looked at your accounts?

I was sharing my experience. 

I helped couple friends activated with points before and compare my own couple accounts that migrated to points, they have have same experience with the 5% as said above

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @colleeno 

it looks like 5% only applies to payment via credit card or voucher.  If you redeemed $15 bill credit, there is no 5% of that $15

No disrespect, how do you know what happened in our accounts?  

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I was afraid of that but not really surprised 😞

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @colleeno 

it looks like 5% only applies to payment via credit card or voucher.  If you redeemed $15 bill credit, there is no 5% of that $15

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@colleeno , I have the $34 plan as well and received points equivalent to a $19 plan.  I haven't bothered asking support about this yet.  If it happens in the next renewal, I might have to take some action.  

Need Help? Let's chat.