cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 GB DATA Bonus Flash Sale?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I just ran across this thread on RFD promoting a flash sale for plans $25+will recieve a 5gb  bonus data add on from August 17th to 31st. I can't find a confirmation on the pm website.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-5gb-one-time-free-data-25-up-plans-2483711/

24 REPLIES 24

@AE_Collector 

Oh I'm way past the triple O sauce......now I'm working on Coca-Cola!.

@LeePublic 

Similar to my failing grade in high school algebra I could get the answer right 90 % of the time and the first line of the problem :  x+y=z  but everything in between was a wild guess or look at it this way it's the Ken Jennings method to success.....I can't be right all of the time just most of the time!😃

Now if only the bf could figure that out!!?🤔

Edit: Oh look my rewards from last night were applied according go my text from 611....LOL!!😎

She’s working at cracking White Spots “Triple O Sauce” formula now. (A Western Canada restaurant).

AE_Collector

@LeePublic wrote:

@darlicious How do you know the approximate community rewards they give out? 🤔 I'm surprised it's that low.....

@LeePublic   ,   @darlicious  knows the Community Reward system in and out.. She got PM's secret recipes long time ago  🙂

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious How do you know the approximate community rewards they give out? 🤔 I'm surprised it's that low.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

And the company will nod smugly saying...yet you're still here.

@Luddite 

To tell the truth I am not that impressed with the marketing team. In some ways they are playing smart business with the 2gb of plan data forcing customers to stay at their rate plan but then it stays a semi secret promocode for half the summer then promoted as a flash sale but could be used through out and now a flash sale only but with wording that suggests you can activate in store but you won't be able to apply the promocode. 

But sure as sugar the commissioned sales reps will just tell new customers to get it fixed on the community. And then there's another semi secret 5gb add on for in store activations that is YMMV depending on region and retailer. So not only do we have the usual  percentage of existing customers feeling left out there are new customers who are bound to feel left out as well because they didn't get or know about or qualify for a promotion.

This not how you build brand loyalty.....nor keep your loyal customers when almost every other provider is offering full speed LTE data  and data buckets of 10gb for $40 a month, tab free phones and $50 referral credits.

What happened to our bonus referral credits? Just the occasional targeted one time $20 credit via text message. Gone are the almost monthly contests and opportunities to provide both feedback and may be win a 1gb data add on. Even the community rewards have dried up to a measly $230 to be distributed  among maybe 75+ members without any real recognition for the considerable effort  put in for one to achieve $5 ,$10 or $15 of the 15 or so remaining top contributors rewards.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious  FYI: can confirm that PM does offer regionally specific promos sometimes. This was one such.

Definitely, a change in philosophy at PM since I started 5 years ago. 😓

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@sotiff 

No.

This is a one time 5gb bonus data add on. Data add ons (w/the exception of US roaming add ons) at public mobile do not expire. They stay on your account rolling over each 30 days until fully consumed.

This promotion is best suited for the low data usage customer** activating on the $25/1gb or $35/3gb plan who can stay within their plan data alottment the majority of the time but can use the 5gb data add on for those occasions where they may exceed their plan data.  This bonus has a value of $75.

Combined with the CCS activation bundle with a free sim card and 20% off the first month. The $25 plan for $20 +5gb bonus is good value. ( Way better deal if you ordered the flash sale free month credit deal last weekend from CCS and stack the two promos.) CCS ships via Canada Post in 5 business days so you can avail yourself of the extra savings from CCS.

Or get a free sim card with in store activation at London Drugs. Likely matched by TMS and may qualify for the spend $25 get 10,000 optimum points offer (YMMV).

This promotion is for in store retail activations only. If you are a higher data user the online activations only reoccurring 2gb plan data bonus promotion is a better deal. Enter promocode 2GBBONUS for that promotion at activation alongside your referral code for the $10 bonus credit.

**The terms and conditions of the promotion likely state you will lose the 5gb bonus data add on if you change plans however 99% of users who have tested this theory in the past and changed plans or downgraded to the $15 plan have successfully kept the add on. But as always this is YMMV.

sotiff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does the 5GB expired/reset to zero at end of month?

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious 

but public mobile never give to existing customer
unless when contact CSA the will provide one time 1GB For 6 month bonus only,

You have never claimed the freebies that PM gives us the last couple of years? It must frustrate them to no end to read people saying “public mobile never give to existing customer” when in fact they give us freebies quite regularly.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

that is very nice for free data that goes nicely with your $0 bills.  enjoyed....

@Anonymous 

With the exception of the 5gb data add on from the RBC promo I activated my second account on and the  2GB I purchased with community reward $$ when it initially went on sale last March courtesy of @AE_Collector's  suggestion to Alan_K all of my data add ons came free by way of public mobile. Some took some extra work providing feedback to pm but two thirds of it was pure free data that goes nicely with my $0 bills.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

your right big data is will be very nice,

but public mobile never give to existing customer
unless when contact CSA the will provide one time 1GB For 6 month bonus only,

@Anonymous 

Unless you have a flip phone most people use a little....as it is I rarely go over my 250mb but I would do if I went camping or took a holiday within Canada. Whereas I may have previously upgraded my $15 plan to the $40 or $50 plans for a month ( $10 plan is staying as is....)I have now accumulated so much free data on both plans I would still be hard pressed to make a dent in those data add ons (13GB and 19GB respectively.)

@softech 

Snooze you lose.....I did update my thread last weekend and advised some interested possible customers on how to take advantage of both CCS flash sales and possible pm flash sales if they are stackable which by my best estimate this should  be.....

@Anonymous 

Yes that would be nice but I never depend on that. Any existing customer who took my advice would have gained a nice data package for themselves for about $40 that could be suspended/reactivated when needed for up to two years. A similar deal can be had around the holidays if you plan ahead.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious 

nice Bonus for new customer enjoyed,

but for existing customer nothing will provide
public mobile have to provide special deals to existing customer,

we hope they will do something.or no one cares about existing customer....

I am expecting at least 5GB for this Christmas give-a-way and accept nothing less than that  🙂

@softech 

but for some people's not use data,

and for that plan for $25 to can do it for $20 is will be very nice plan
with AutoPay
Unlimited
Canada-wide minutes
Unlimited
International Text and Picture Messaging.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious 

I am expecting at least 5GB for this Christmas give-a-way and accept nothing less than that  🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

RFD is really powerful.. we have all these expert here and we know nothing about it.. we need RFD to tell us back . LoL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

Aha....some confirmation by way of who else? CCS! Might even be stackable with their free month flash sale last weekend.....if anyone took advantage of my advice.......I knew I should have taken my own advice!!

Screenshot_20210819-120230.png

@computergeek541 @NDesai 

It appears this is another insider's only deal if you know to ask for it when activating in store. Makes for a good deal when combined with London Drugs current free sim card w/ activation. Might be matched by TMS and possibly combined with the pc optimum offer of spend $25 get 10,000 points (?) Available on plans $25+ and YMMV per retail location.  info from RFD

Screenshot_20210818-175410~2.png

@darlicious wrote:

@NDesai 

I was surprised to not see an announcement when I came back to the community. There must be a mole......and those RFDers can sniff out a deal before it's even announced!

Sometimes, subtle hints are revealed about promotions before announced such as updates in the homepage or new plans showing up out of nowhere in  the self serve pages.  I have not seen any information about this promotion, but advertising on this website could cause confusiom in cases on which the offer isn't also available for people who activate online.

@NDesai 

I was surprised to not see an announcement when I came back to the community. There must be a mole......and those RFDers can sniff out a deal before it's even announced!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I wonder how that person know about this deal? Must be working at a kiosk since I know PM do internally communicate with them about upcoming promos. 

Need Help? Let's chat.