cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

alohaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got this text message from Public Mobile. They are raising my plan price by $10/month, trying to get me to switch to Koodo. Anyone else got this text? 

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days. But don't worry! Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point. Until March 15th, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxxx. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or London Drugs or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO404GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

1,433 REPLIES 1,433

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@proudcanadianehwrote:

"First they came for the legacy plans, but I didn't say anything because that was not me. Then they came for the call center plans, and I did not say anything because it was not me. And then they came for my promo plan, and there was no one else left to help me"

POST OF THE YEAR! 

koganiz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is an offical complain to PM.

I have 2 lines on the promo plan that I'm being "forced" to move to more expansive and less flexible postpaid Koodo plan, or I'm going to face 25% (even more, considering earned rewards) price increase.

I'm asking to keep my current plan\price (as it was promissed when I signed up for the plan).

If it will not be resolved anytime soon, a complain will be filed to CCTC.

longhim

Hi @Moderator_Team,

To cite PM's official statement:

• If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Like many others, I am unhappy about the recent price change for my plan. Though a plan with Koodo was offered, after keeping up with community discussions I understand that it is both more expensive and inferior to my current plan—even without rewards involved. From a personal standpoint, Koodo requiring credit checks is prejudiced. I did not want to sign up for Koodo. I chose to sign up for Public Mobile, enticed by their promise of rewarding loyalty.

I recently paid Public Mobile for my next 3 months of service with no knowledge of this increase. Switching to Koodo means I lose this money. This is unethical. The timing of this change, considering many affected customers signed up during the same timeframe (Fall Promo), means may customers are in similar situations. Public Mobile is taking away our promised service, our money, and not issuing refunds. 

Please consider this message a formal complaint against Public Mobile and your practices. If you do not contact me with a proposed resolution within 48 hours, I will escalate my complaint to the CCTS. Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

Pedror

Submit a complaint to CCTS - fairly quick and easy to do.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

imrwonder2

What happens to those of us who just paid for a 3 month period and it isn't set to be renewed until May of 2018? Does that mean I am good until the end of my prepaid period or are they going to charge me in the middle of this period? I am confused

allycia416

@jtm02wrote:

Thinking I will switch to Koodo tomorrow. 

Should I be waiting?

If I were you, I would wait until just before the March 15th deadline.  Let's see PM's response

jtm02

Thinking I will switch to Koodo tomorrow. 

Should I be waiting?

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mike390wrote:

It doesn't "mean" that. If they wanted to mean that they should have wrote it that way. Of course they are going to try and twist their words after the fact.  We are so used to getting screwed over by telecoms that we are defending them, classic Stockholm syndrome...

We are saying the same thing. No need to argue.  I just renewed my plan less than 2 weeks ago. I am obviously not happy.

mike390

It doesn't "mean" that. If they wanted to mean that they should have wrote it that way. Of course they are going to try and twist their words after the fact.  We are so used to getting screwed over by telecoms that we are defending them, classic Stockholm syndrome...

Gimli
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

something tells me that based on the amount of backlash here - CCTS will be actioning this far faster than their mandated 30 days.  Its not like there is 10,000 unique cases... more like 100,000 of the same case, deal with this one issue and CCTS can show that they dealt with 100k more cases 🙂

cddude

Ccts takes 30 days to respond, do it now

sirkdub

I plan to also file a formal complaint tonight to CCTS or whichever body of governance regarding this unethical business practice. Telus was the last company I would have thought to pull this bait and switch practice! Deeply disappointed.  Just from this notice alone we now have threat of our referrals leaving and causing us lost in monthly credits. There is damage and similar to others who signed up with the understanding that the Price remains unchanged as long as one is an active customer, we can not allow Telus to get away with this. So I encourage everyone to file and flood complaints to the regulatory bodies and to express to the PM, Telus, mods that this is beyond acceptable. I’ve lost all trust in faith in Telus. And I thought FIDO with the $5 price plan increase was bad LOL. 

allycia416

I plan on waiting 2 business days before filing a complaint with the CCTS. I need to give Public Mobile some time to respond to my enquiry. I will include that screenshot and the URL with my CCTS submission.

RLBL

@mike390wrote:

@RLBLwrote:

@yowrote:

Right here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises."

Blatent false advertsing. I will also be submitting a complaint to the CRTC.

The unfortnate thing is:

It does not say forever. Although it is misleading, it really means it will "remain at $120, as long as the plan is valued $120"

Very misleading but that is what their lawyers have cooked up (we have all seen it)

It doesn't say "as valued" anywhere. There are multiple screenshots of PM confirming the price will not change as well in texts, emails and forum posts.

If you read my post, you would see that I never indicated it "said", I indicated it typically "means" that... which is very misleading.  I hate it when businesses do that.

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@allycia416wrote:

@dr-etwrote:

how naive of you!

Not being naive at all.  It was written in black and whitePM Promo.PNG

Nice find... does it mean anything for us?

MF

I would like clarification as to how Public Mobile intends to honour the promise made that they would honour the $120/12 gig 90 day promotion price as long as  customers keep their accounts in good standing.

If I do not receive a satisfactory response, I will have no choice but to file complaints with the appropriate agencies.

I await your response.

allycia416

@dr-etwrote:

how naive of you!

Not being naive at all.  It was written in black and whitePM Promo.PNG

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I got this message today and just got time to deal with it.

I'm so disappointed, I enjoyed Public Mobile, I enjoyed the community, I enjoyed making an app for the fellow customers, I enjoyed working towards community involvement and loyalty incentives.

I really have to weigh my options but this is just so disappointing. Koodo just seems so big box.

dr-et

so did I!!!!

dr-et

how naive of you!

KingCreole

I will submit a complaint too. This is blatant false advertising, bait-and-switch, and breach of contract. 

allycia416

@Moderator_Team I signed up for the 120 days 12 GB promo under the premise that as long as I am an active Public Mobile customer, my rate won't change.  Why can I not keep my plan? Please advise

MVP

@WearySkywrote:

@MVPwrote:

**bleep** I replied  to this thread, and now my e-mail gets bombarded by notifications of the new messages every few seconds...

How to unsubscribe ? 🙂

P.S. R.I.P. P.M. You will always be  in our hearts 🙂

Top of the page, "Topic Options" dropdown, Unsubscribe.

ok, thanks... PM drama will not disturb my sleep tonight anymore 🙂

Wafik

Wow, how inept is PM/Telus that they didn't immediately delete this post?  Just finished my complaint to CCTS.  This is unacceptable.

Smike1989

Ive filed my complaint with the CCTS

proudcanadianeh

"First they came for the legacy plans, but I didn't say anything because that was not me. Then they came for the call center plans, and I did not say anything because it was not me. And then they came for my promo plan, and there was no one else left to help me"

mjs

Public Mobile's actions have resulted in a backlash . Legal escalations and ramifications will difinately result if Public Mobile does not step forward and explain its actions .

s2000_77

I believe this is an unethical business practise considering when everyone signed up for the $120/12GB 90-day plan your own web site stated "if you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises."

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

I'd like to keep my current plan so I'll be filing a complain with the CCTS, I'd like a response please.

NL1

@ShawnC13wrote:

@NL1wrote:

@ShawnC13wrote:

@NL1wrote:

If PM had any decency they would give 3 months notice instead of 30 days that way nobody would lose the money if they want to switch to Koodo.

They did this on purpose to pocket as much money as they can cause you are basically paying double if you just renewed and don't use the tab. Cause you are paying Koodo for those months after you already paid PM. It's ridiculous.

That is why Koodo is giving the $100 credit

Only if you take a tab. If you don't want one you don't get anything.

Not true someone has just posted they went through the process without getting a tab and it showed the credit was still there for them.  They didn't do the final step but it was showing

That's hearsay. 

Their terms state something else. How do we know that it wasn't a glitch. 

PM needs to come out with an official statement to clarify the terms and conditions of the move to Koodo

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MVPwrote:

**bleep** I replied  to this thread, and now my e-mail gets bombarded by notifications of the new messages every few seconds...

How to unsubscribe ? 🙂

P.S. R.I.P. P.M. You will always be  in our hearts 🙂

Top of the page, "Topic Options" dropdown, Unsubscribe.

Need Help? Let's chat.