cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

alohaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got this text message from Public Mobile. They are raising my plan price by $10/month, trying to get me to switch to Koodo. Anyone else got this text? 

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days. But don't worry! Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point. Until March 15th, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxxx. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or London Drugs or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO404GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

1,433 REPLIES 1,433

RyanRF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Watokowrote:

@RyanRFwrote:

Before we all jump ship, we should wait a few days to see if other carriers offer similar plans to entice us over. 

I'll go to any company (except Freedom) offering a similar deal.

Why not Freedom? I am curious as that is one that I am looking into. Never been a Freedom customer, only Koodo and PM.

Back when they were Wind, I tried buying their unlimited mobile internet plan. 

After 3 days of no service (in Toronto) and the worst customer service I have ever dealt with (long story) I swore them off for good and will tell anyone that wants to listen not to go with them.

lexcyn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@lindseycwrote:

So out of curiosity I checked out the Koobo offer. This is in the fine print:

Offer details

I just did it and I did not have to upgrade to a Tab.

erotavlas

It's not only about the price hike...its also about the fact they want us to switch to Koodo which is basically the SAME PARENT COMPANY......so why don't they just keep the lower price plan with Public Mobile like it was supposed to be and hike the price on Koodo instead  - instead of making us go through hoops to switch to a sub brand of the same **bleep** company.  Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  

rakkaus

are you serious? ... the text said "your rate plan"  and it said 10/30 days, that's 30/90 days 

your current 120/90 days + 30/90days  = 150/90 days.

now ask yourself are you on 120/90 days plan? if yes then you are affected.

RyanRF

@ute1978wrote:

@RyanRFwrote:

Before we all jump ship, we should wait a few days to see if other carriers offer similar plans to entice us over. 

Do you fell like another better promo is coming from Public Mobile?

No; I feel like once this makes the news other carriers will offer a similar plan. 

Just like over the holidays where all carriers matched Freedom's plan; I'm hoping it'll be the same case here.

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RCUELLOwrote:

I feel cheated. I will be switching as soon as I see a decent plan somewhere else. I won't be returning to PM ever.

You should apply that to Telus and Koodo as well.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MFwrote:

Does anyone know if the koodo promotion is $40/ month for 4 gigs and Canada wide calling any time of day like the Public Mobile plan? 

No, only evening and night. Someone else posted this info a few pages back.

Watoko

@RyanRFwrote:

Why not Freedom? I am curious as that is one that I am looking into. Never been a Freedom customer, only Koodo and PM.

smp99

I will likely be staying in the Telus family. Rogers service around here is spotty at best. Bell, well, I just can't do that.

So it is the lesser of 3 evils

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RyanRFwrote:

Freedom's network actually improved a lot, they just need their low frequency towers up.

RCUELLO

I feel cheated. I will be switching as soon as I see a decent plan somewhere else. I won't be returning to PM ever.

lindseyc

So out of curiosity I checked out the Koobo offer.

$40 / Month
+ applicable monthly tab charge

Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes

Unlimited messaging (text & picture)

Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Conference Calling and Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling

Additional data $7/100 MB
Sweet deal!
This offer includes:

This is in the fine print:

Offer details

MF

Does anyone know if the koodo promotion is $40/ month for 4 gigs and Canada wide calling any time of day like the Public Mobile plan? 

ute1978

@RyanRFwrote:

Do you fell like another better promo is coming from Public Mobile?

mironsh

Did anyone try to switch? My promo code isn't working..

ute1978

RyanRF

@viviantung92wrote:

so when i port it over to koodo, my pm plan will get cancelled automatically right?

Correct.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

staticcory
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@absolutwrote:

Looks like a cut-and-paste response, given that it says "situation XXX".  🙄

I'm pretty sure that's just supposed to be his name, and he chose to redact it.

Watoko

Submitted a complaint to the CCTS. I encourage everyone to do the same! LET'S KEEP THE CONVERSATION GOING. ALL OF US COLLECTIVELY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Feel free to modify the response I sent:

Signed up for the lucrative $40/month for 4 GB LTE data a year ago and was told explicitly that there will no changes to the price of the plan as long as I remain an active customer with an active account. I was notified today through text message that this price will increase $10/month, or switch to Koodo to retain the plan. Switching over to Koodo, however would not make up for the cost of lost referral and loyalty credits, as well as the prepaid services I paid for that would be valid well after the date that this "offer" (if you can even call it that), expires.

Send your complaint here: https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

SWM

I highly suggest everyone lodge a complaint with the CCTS requesting a prorated amount that youyhave already pre-paid be credited to your new Koodo account. 

viviantung92

so when i port it over to koodo, my pm plan will get cancelled automatically right?

@viviantung92wrote:

is there a canellation fee at PM when we switch to Koodo?

@viviantung92 No, BUT you lose any prepaid amounts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

absolut

Looks like a cut-and-paste response, given that it says "situation XXX".  🙄

yo

Hi, I've been a customer since October 2016, and have the $120 plan. This plan includes:
- 12GB Data
- Unlimited International Text
- Unlimited Provincial Talk

Is this plan increasing from $120 to $150?? I received the following text message:

1.jpg

If so, can you please send me a link to where Public Mobile outlines how the $120 plans will be affected? This link does not mention the $120 plan:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/serviceupdate

I'd also like to say - this does not meet the spirit of Public Mobile's loyalty program. Our plan goes down by $1/month for every year that we stay with public mobile, but the same plan increases by $10/month after only ~1 year, and countless referrals to the benefit of the company.

@Theprincipal its a prepay service

I have posted this many times before

There is NO price protection at all

Complain if it make you feel better but it won't change anything

ute1978

Just FYI if you all have the same intentions..

pm2.PNG

coltonbauman

Where did that come from? 

Theprincipal

This is ASBOLUTELY grounds for a complain.

See the process here:

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

My offer says now with unlimited Canada wide minutes 4GB for $40

Need Help? Let's chat.