cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 days and still no service

Keer_ah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my SIM card 4 days ago. There was a glitch on the final page of my activation and it has affected my account and service. 

I private messaged the Moderator Team since I am unable to login or verify my account therefore I can't submit a ticket. I waited three days before getting any response from the MODs. They informed me my SIM was activated, but there was a glitch that they attempted to troubleshoot. However, this still has not fixed the issue and the MOD has since stopped responding after I told them their fix didn't work.

So I am now on day 4 of absolutely no service since my previous Koodo SIM has been deactivated and my current Public SIM does not work.

There is really no other way for me to contact Public to get this issue dealt with? I'm just stuck waiting days for the team to respond to my private messages?

I am just more than a little frustrated at this point.

11 REPLIES 11

@Keer_ah 

I hope since we havent heard from you that youve been sorted out.

Keer_ah

.@gpixel4 unfortunately that didn't work. And still no response from the moderator team

@Keer_ah 

This is terrible customer service and is no way indicative of how the moderator team normally  operates. Somewhere along the way the original mod dropped the ball on what should have been a couple of hours of wait time (at most) for a fix thru the tech department. Unless the original moderator finishes what they started with you a request on your part for a review link will not be an effective method to provide pm with customer feedback on your particular experience.

I suggest you private message @Catherine_T  after you finally get your full service on your phone. That is if Catherine doesnt reach out first.

@Keer_ah try resetting your network settings

open settings
scroll down to system
tap on reset options
tap reset wifi,mobile & Bluetooth
tap reset settings and restart

Keer_ah

.@Jb456 I hope so too. I tried messaging the mod that had recently logged on to the forum as well. No luck yet, but hopefully soon.

@Keer_ah  No online activation can't help at this time. Sounds like the sim is not provisioned correctly and now PM has to get their tech team to investigate and fix.

I sure hope someone gets back to you sooner than later. Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile. So it should have been an easy quick transfer as you technically are already on the same network. It's not like you're coming from Rogers/Fido or Bell to this network. 

@Keer_ah wrote:

.@softech I ported my number from Koodo. I called the porting team as .@gpixel4 and .@dabr suggested and all they could do is tell me that the port has completed successfully.

The MOD Team has told me that my SIM card has been activated but "there appears to have been a small issue on the backend". All they said was they tried to troubleshoot it and for me to turn my phone off and remove my SIM for about 1 minute and then put it back in and turn it on to see if it worked. It didn't and they haven't responded since.

So right now I have no service and can't log on to my Public Mobile account. I've messaged about three times today, but still no luck getting a response.

Would the online activation chat work if my SIM card and account has technically already been activated?

Activation chat can't help you. They are sales department. Moderators have to fix account problems.

Keer_ah

.@softech I ported my number from Koodo. I called the porting team as .@gpixel4 and .@dabr suggested and all they could do is tell me that the port has completed successfully.

The MOD Team has told me that my SIM card has been activated but "there appears to have been a small issue on the backend". All they said was they tried to troubleshoot it and for me to turn my phone off and remove my SIM for about 1 minute and then put it back in and turn it on to see if it worked. It didn't and they haven't responded since.

So right now I have no service and can't log on to my Public Mobile account. I've messaged about three times today, but still no luck getting a response.

Would the online activation chat work if my SIM card and account has technically already been activated?

@Keer_ah  I see a moderator just recently logged into the forums. 

@Katherine_C  is it possible to help this person? Or any @CS_Agent 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

are you porting over your number from Koodo?  If Koodo service stopped, sound like you have successfully ported your number over (if not, Koodo would still be working)..

did you try online activation chat?

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Also, if mod has message you via the inbox in Community, keep sending them reply.. it's not one person reading your reply.. whoever working will pickup the message.. by keep replying, bigger chance someone would pickup and finally reply

btw, what was the issue they told you so far?  what was they fix they asked you to try?  was it your SIM problem.. or is it just your account issue on the system?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Keer_ah wrote:

I activated my SIM card 4 days ago. There was a glitch on the final page of my activation and it has affected my account and service. 

I private messaged the Moderator Team since I am unable to login or verify my account therefore I can't submit a ticket. I waited three days before getting any response from the MODs. They informed me my SIM was activated, but there was a glitch that they attempted to troubleshoot. However, this still has not fixed the issue and the MOD has since stopped responding after I told them their fix didn't work.

So I am now on day 4 of absolutely no service since my previous Koodo SIM has been deactivated and my current Public SIM does not work.

There is really no other way for me to contact Public to get this issue dealt with? I'm just stuck waiting days for the team to respond to my private messages?

I am just more than a little frustrated at this point.

@Keer_ah   That sounds like a poor response from PM moderators and is quite surprising as usually both the response and resolution is done within a matter of hours and not days.

Hopefully, the porting number @gpixel provided will allow for a quick resolution for you.  Good luck and welcome to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.