cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 G is slow

Chellobee2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
4 G is slow , cant access you tube on my phone.

I switched over to 4G, in Late Feb, my you tube on my phone was working, all of a sudden it just stop working. What is the issue. Was my data reduce, Because it feels like I am still using a 3G. 4G started strong, Now is lesser ???

5 REPLIES 5

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Define "late February". If it was yesterday for example, the increased speed might not have taken effect yet, even though the plan itself has changed. 

@benfatto wrote:

Might be network congestion. Try selecting 3G network in your phones; often a better signal anyway and speed is ok. 

That step is usually for troubleshooting calling issues, specifically incoming because of the way that calls have had to switch from LTE to HSPA for calls. Switching to the 3g network is very unlikely to be less congested as HSPA is very inefficient compared to LTE and increasing amounts of HSPA spectrum is being removed.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Chellobee2 - sometimes trying one or more of the below can help with connectivity / network:

• restarting your phone
  • toggle into/out of airplane mode
  • perform a reset of your device's network settings

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Might be network congestion. Try selecting 3G network in your phones; often a better signal anyway and speed is ok. 

@Chellobee2 wrote:
4 G is slow , cant access you tube on my phone.

I switched over to 4G, in Late Feb, my you tube on my phone was working, all of a sudden it just stop working. What is the issue. Was my data reduce, Because it feels like I am still using a 3G. 4G started strong, Now is lesser ???

Maximum speeds over cellular are always going to be variable.  There could also be an issue with the Youtube server.  I don't suggest performing speed test becuse those could easily use up more than a gigabyte very quiickly.

Need Help? Let's chat.