cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming package

H-man1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just wanted to inform the PM community about my experience with the roaming package offered for US travel. I was aware that there might be limitations going in, but I was unprepared for utter uselessness of the calling package. In my opinion, the service is so poor that it defies logic that Public Mobile offers it as an add-on, let alone charges for it. All calls were either dropped or unintelligible. Having said that, the texting and data services were adequate. 

At this time, I would be most appreciative if PM would credit my account for the calling portion of the package.

4 REPLIES 4

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Yes, calling, for the most part, won't work until Public Mobile enables VoLTE. Log a ticket requesting a partial refund, im sure they'll work with you (they did for me when I had the same issue).

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is interesting and possibly helpful information. You are posting this to the community- a board of all customers

We cannot credit your account.  As stated above, you'll need to contact CS for help with this request.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@H-man1 

I completely agree with your assessment.

Though I have never used it, there are several users on this forum who have, and the only way they can access ‘reliable’ voice calling in the US with the public mobile add-on is if they force their device to 2G.

This workaround is not clear to the average user, and indeed, some devices cannot be set to that, so it is a significant limitation.

@H-man1 wrote:

I just wanted to inform the PM community about my experience with the roaming package offered for US travel. I was aware that there might be limitations going in, but I was unprepared for utter uselessness of the calling package. In my opinion, the service is so poor that it defies logic that Public Mobile offers it as an add-on, let alone charges for it. All calls were either dropped or unintelligible. Having said that, the texting and data services were adequate. 

At this time, I would be most appreciative if PM would credit my account for the calling portion of the package.

For consideration for a credit, you'll need to ask a customer support agent. Please use the chatbot to open a ticket.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

As for the reliability of the roaming service, I can assure everyone that improvements are constantly being worked on.

Need Help? Let's chat.