cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$39 plan until September 30th roaming

Jblange911
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The $39 plan that expires September 30th 2024, it reads Canada /US minutes. Does this mean I can make / receive calls and use data in the US without extra roaming charges? 

5 REPLIES 5

Jblange911

Ok, so that's one person says "yes" and one says "no". Initially I understood "calls placed from Canada" but as the plan states 50G in Canada and US suggests that data only will work. The next step is, next time I'm near the border I'll connect to the US carrier and dial out, see whet happens. 

Afera

No this is to call or message from Canada to the US

@Jblange911 wrote:

Thanks for clarifying! It's a little unclear when I read the file print. 

1000019210.jpg

The disclaimer about long distance fees applying for calls made to other countries is a disclaimer used for plans that only include calls to Canadian phone numbers and for plans that do not already include roaming.  Unforunately, what Public Mobile has done in the fine print is use a bunch of letters, numbers, and symbols to pair up certain conditions.  You'll see how there's a superscripted number 3 in front of that condition.  If there is no superscripted 3 next to the details of any specific plan, those details don't apply to that plan.

Jblange911

Thanks for clarifying! It's a little unclear when I read the file print. 

1000019210.jpg

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@Jblange911 wrote:

The $39 plan that expires September 30th 2024, it reads Canada /US minutes. Does this mean I can make / receive calls and use data in the US without extra roaming charges? 

Hey @Jblange911 

You bet you can!! I had the $34 version of this several months back and I was able to make and take calls, text and use data while in the US just like I was home in Canada. Pretty decent deal.

There is this plan too. $9 less but only 20GB of data vs $39 and 50GB of data and 5G speeds of course, as long as you have a 5G phone.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1727488125571.png

Need Help? Let's chat.