cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

35$ 20gig 4G plan - Quebec Only

jessegr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I am a resident of Gatineau, Quebec. I am daily crossing the river into Ottawa. I see that it includes "Quebec" only minutes. Does this mean I will be charged long distance for calling Ottawa numbers? Do I have Nation-Wide cellular coverage, or just Quebec coverage?

3 REPLIES 3

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jessegr  only Quebec resident can get these Quebec plans.  To prove your residency, you need a credit card with Quebec address

Calling outside of Quebec, you can use VoIP app like Fongo or TextNow to save money

or you can buy $5 - 500 Canada wide minutes

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That's a tricky question. The wording says provincial. That used to mean that you could call to the province you're in. Now we don't know if you just won't have any calling when you leave the province. You can apparently call to outside the province from QC as someone recently tested. There are no extra charges for anything here. It's all pre-pay.

Adding - when in Ottawa, you might still be able to connect to a tower in like Hull or across the river anyway. But anyway, if you do get the plan and you do go to Ottawa then please do let us know if you can call to Ottawa numbers and/or call back to QC.

Adding more - the link provided was not able to test calling because they had the Canada-wide minutes. Maybe you also have the freebie minutes which would also work for Canada and therefor not able verify this detail.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jessegr someone tested it and confirm text working Canada wide and international but not calls

Add: link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Quebec-ONLY-35-for-20GB/m-p/1011953/highl...

Need Help? Let's chat.