cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$34 50G 5G Canada plan?

RPDG22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am getting some conflicting and confusing answers regarding this current plan. Some users are saying that this plan also includes US data & minutes and that the offer was mistakenly not including the US data & minutes although included? Is this correct?

Q2 If my phone is not 5G compatible will it still work on the 5G plan at 4G speed until my phone is replaced? The $34 plan is better than my current one. 

6 REPLIES 6

Runningman1990
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello RPDG22 - Yes there was a $34,50g 5g plan for Canada and US, that it gone now if you did not subscribe to it. The $34 plan is now is only for Canada. There is a $39 plan for Canada and US

Your phone will work at whatever speed it can. You donot have to be 5G. It will still connect if you have a 4G speed

Cheers

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

The current version is Canada only. It did include US up until about a week ago.

ger01

When I switched to the Pixel 7a I all of a sudden discovered that the 5G icon appeared. I had been using LTE on a Pixel 3 until that point. That said, I've actually switched my phone to use 4G normally as it saves on battery and is fast enough anyway. 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can sign in My Account and select the plan you want and schedule a Change on Renewal if you like. Changing mid-cyle will cause an immediate charge to you for the new plan and nk credit for the remainder of the current plan. 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is no more $34 50GB plan. The only $34 plan is for Canada only. Did you subscribe to the one you are referring to last week? 

If you are on a 5G plan, even you are connected to 4G network, you will have a speed higher than the capped speed of 100Mbps on a 4G speed plan

Adding there is a Canada-US  plan for $39 for 60Gb or $40 for 75GB.

RPDG22

I forgot to add that I am a current PM customer...

Need Help? Let's chat.