cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving verification code via sms

Deeps_1011
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not receiving verification code/OTP via sms. I double checked if I'm receiving texts from other individuals but it seems that I'm not receiving OTP via sms from PM or other institution. Any idea on what could be causing that?

14 REPLIES 14

EbiFurai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your comment! I also reached out to PM CSR as well and same situation as you - the port over was not fully completed. My advice to those in this thread as well, message the PM CSR to get confirmation of the successful port, don't just guess that it worked and don't bother waiting 3+ days to see if the 2FA will work. In my case, 2FA SMS were still going back to my old mobile provider (Rogers) which I didn't know until I put my old SIM back into another phone to repeat the port over 😔

Deeps_1011

The issue i was having was finally resolved today. Turns out i was having this issue because the transfer of my phone number from my previous phone provider was not completed since i hadn't receive the confirmation text from them for the phone number transfer. But i was able to solve the issue with my old phone provider and everything is working fine. So i would suggest you double check on your side if the phone number transfer was completed successfully from your old phone provider.

EbiFurai

Hi I have a similar issue as OP. My SMS works fine with my contacts but I did not receive any incoming 2FA SMS from PayPal or CRA. When you said 3 days, do you mean 3 business days? I ported over Fri night, so I might not get my 2FA till Wed night?

Deeps_1011

Yup that's what I meant! And also I'm also not able to verify my phone number with PM since when I click on the option where they will send me a code on my phone number to verify if it's truly me, I'm not receiving the codes

Deeps_1011

I tried restarting my phone but that didn't work for me! 😝 thanks anyway for your help! 🙂

Deeps_1011

Yup I think I will wait for a few hours and if it still does not work I will open a ticket with PM. Thanks for your help! 🙂

Deeps_1011

Yup I just ported my number last night and yes I am able to receive calls

HI @Deeps_1011 if you meant OTP from other places, like banks, then yes, you are right, it takes like 3 days for everything to work

Deeps_1011

Yes I am able to receive calls and texts as well from other individuals. it is only the OTPs that I can't seem to be receiving. I just subscribed with PM last night. So probably it will take some days for everything to be setup correctly! Thanks for your help! 🙂

hi @Kate_N 

did you just port in your number? are you receiving calls?  

Kate_N

I have the same issue.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Deeps_1011   If you just ported number to PM it can take a week for the 2FA texts from other institutions to start to work . Takes some time for them to realize you legitimately changed providers . As for the code from PM do you see option for “didn’t get code “ tap it and you should get option to send code to email instead . If not you need to 

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_0-1709824277258.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Deeps_1011 

did you just join PM and requested  porting ?  can you receive calls?

and also, click "didn't receive code" there and click "Send email" to get the code via email instead

Neil11
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try restarting your phone, that fixed it for me when I had the same issue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.