cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 days free?

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi

I'm a new member. Just signed up. I activated on September 3rd. I just checked my account and there us no 30 day credit. What should I do? Thanks for your help.

39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@prairiedogbob wrote:

Hello,

I suspended my account using the lost/stolen button just before my renewal since i hadn't heard back from the moderator. I figured I would just get it sorted out once I got back home. Is it normal to have your service restarted for you? Now it looks like im paying for a service i cant use at the moment.

I would ask them to undo the reactivation and leave the 30 day promo credit in Available Funds. Suspending it _may_ have made it ineligible though and that might be why they reactivated it.

The wording of the promo was kinda dumb too. 30 _business_ days? How would that be possible to have the free month when 30 business days would take it way past your renewal date.

If the promo landed in your account shortly before your renewal or possibly during renewal then you would have had an active account anyway.

prairiedogbob

Hello,

I suspended my account using the lost/stolen button just before my renewal since i hadn't heard back from the moderator. I figured I would just get it sorted out once I got back home. Is it normal to have your service restarted for you? Now it looks like im paying for a service i cant use at the moment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@prairiedogbob 

I saw that recently when I reactivated a self-suspended account. Everything worked, the dates were right, but it had the Plan Expired.

Did you self-suspend before you went to the cabin? Or did it suspend for lack of funds due to the 30 day problem?

Either way, it makes sense that they would reactivate. Except now this. They'll fix it. They would credit any other rewards as well. Then they can suspend it since you're not able to do that yourself at the moment.

@prairiedogbob 

I'm happy that you have recieved your credit but I'm confused with your account as well. I'm not sure why the moderator would restart your plan if you didn't ask for it and it says expired. On November 4th? How's that possible? I think all you can do is wait for the moderator to explain it. If you dont need your phone right away then just don't touch anything.

prairiedogbob

Hi folks,

I want to thank you for all your help so far but i need a little more while I wait for another response from the moderator looking after my issue. The moderator responded while I've been at my cabin and out of cell phone range. I'm only back in town for a day then I go back. I had suspended my service til I got this settled and planned to renew after thanksgiving since I wouldn't be able to use it at the cabin anyways and I didn't know how long this was going to take. Here's the response I recieved: 

We do not have an answer yet from our support team, however, I was able to apply a credit of $40, so your plan can be renewed. I have also re-activated the service, so all you need to do right now is to restart your phone and let me know if it works.

So they have applied the credit. That's great news. The not so great news is it appears that my plan has been renewed as of October 5th and it has been taken from my balance but i didnt authorize or ask for this to be done. What if my phone was actually lost or stolen? I didnt even bother to bring it with me since i use a satellite phone there for emergencies. As well when I look at my overview page this is what i see. I am very confused?

Screenshot_20201007-025117~2.png

@prairiedogbob wrote:

@Jb456 

Once I asked for the moderator to confirm with a colleague I had a new moderator take over my ticket. After confirming some details she opened a ticket to find out if I qualified for the promotion and see why the credit wasn't applied. Since there was no answer by 11:30 pm et last night I chose to suspend my account until they can confirm if I'm going to recieve the credit or not. If not I will take the win back offer from my previous provider.

It's already been established that the time that that the credit is given isn't at the time of renewal, but instead at some time before. That doesn't mean that it never happens at that time, but only that the there is no absolute link.

prairiedogbob

@Jb456 

Once I asked for the moderator to confirm with a colleague I had a new moderator take over my ticket. After confirming some details she opened a ticket to find out if I qualified for the promotion and see why the credit wasn't applied. Since there was no answer by 11:30 pm et last night I chose to suspend my account until they can confirm if I'm going to recieve the credit or not. If not I will take the win back offer from my previous provider.

@prairiedogbob  so did the system apply the credit like moderator said before your renewal started this morning?

@prairiedogbob wrote:

Hi everybody,

This is the answer I recieved from the moderator......

The second-month free promotion is added automatically on the account by the system, at the renewal date. Because you activated the account on September 3rd, the system will add it on October 3rd.

If after October 3rd the renewal will not happen automatically, please get in touch with us and we will resolve the issue.

So I guess its a wait and see situation.....makes my first renewal a little nerve racking! Thanks again for your help.

@prairiedogbob you already got the confirmation from the moderator that the system will add it on in your account on Oct 3rd.  Don't be worry-wart lol  Come back and let us know.  Cheers!

@prairiedogbob wrote:

@Jb456 @computergeek541 @darlicious 

Thank you for the insight. The moderator assured me again that the info from them is correct. I asked them to check with a colleague reiterating the feedback the community has given me contradicts the info from the moderator. This is making me lose confidence in my choice of changing providers.

The screenshot proves that the response from the moderator isn't correct. The moderator is saying that the credits are in line with renewal dates. Jb456 has shown all of us that isn't the case. That doesn't mean that you might not still get the credit in time, but the moderator's response is based on incorrect information. I strongly suspect that if you don't pay for your renewal, your service is going to get suspended. 

prairiedogbob

@Jb456 @computergeek541 @darlicious 

Thank you for the insight. The moderator assured me again that the info from them is correct. I asked them to check with a colleague reiterating the feedback the community has given me contradicts the info from the moderator. This is making me lose confidence in my choice of changing providers.

I have a thread created on the 17th. Something like "30 day free flash sale has been credited". Others on that confirm they recieved the credit as well. 

@darlicious wrote:

@Jb456 

I know that seemed very strange to me. Maybe @computergeek541 or @ShawnC13 can weigh in if they have heard of this......

Especially after seeing Jb456's screenshots, the moderator's response doesn't seem right to me either. These types of credits usually come well ahead of the time it's needed for the renewal. 

@Jb456 

I know that seemed very strange to me. Maybe @computergeek541 or @ShawnC13 can weigh in if they have heard of this......

@prairiedogbob clearly the moderator gave you incorrect information. As I said in one of my other posts the credits for that flash sale were credited on the 17th of September.

Screenshot taken from the account I signed up for the same deal as you. Well before the renewal date.

Sorry but you were given incorrect information. Don't get your hopes up that a credit will be applied.. You may have to contact them back but fingers crossed for you that you do get it.

Screenshot_20201001_200159.jpg

@prairiedogbob 

Thanks for the update. I hope everything gets applied as this is a bit of a new twist on how they apply the credit. (I wonder if this is to prevent downgrading?)

*note: moderator response was about 2-3 hours that's good news!

prairiedogbob

Hi everybody,

This is the answer I recieved from the moderator......

The second-month free promotion is added automatically on the account by the system, at the renewal date. Because you activated the account on September 3rd, the system will add it on October 3rd.

If after October 3rd the renewal will not happen automatically, please get in touch with us and we will resolve the issue.

So I guess its a wait and see situation.....makes my first renewal a little nerve racking! Thanks again for your help.

@prairiedogbob 

BTW....you can tap the "@" key to tag a members username and a little box will pop up with their name in it.

@prairiedogbob 

The moderators can be very forgiving. I suggest that you mention that you had signed up a couple times before and that they sometimes send a confirmation email or a reminder email to sign up. Public mobile should be consistent with their communication for email sign up flash sales to avoid confusion. Tell them you'll just go back to your previous provider ( have they sent you a win back offer?) Not that we want to lose you....if you don't get the answer you want just close your ticket and start again with a new service request and a new moderator. Trust me I've learned to not take "no" for an answer. You did everything right it seems....maybe you made a typo? Started your email with a capital? Good luck!

@prairiedogbob . Great! Keep us posted on the response if you don't mind.

prairiedogbob

Yes thank you. I sent a private message with the link Dabr supplied and included the info darlicious suggested.

@prairiedogbob I suggest that you contact moderators and see if anything can be done.

I know from Sept 3rd your payment due date is likely tomorrow or the next few days so be prepared to have funds available for that payment while the moderators investigate the situation for you.

You can reach them two ways.

Simon.JPG

If the chat bot is being a pain send a private message at this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

prairiedogbob

Yes. I had entered a couple of the flash sales previous to this one but didn't get my sim card in time. I know i entered my email and I would have activated right away but i had a week left with my old provider so i just wanted to use up my remaining dats before activating. This is very disappointing.

@prairiedogbob I had to go back through my pictures to find the confirmation. This is what would have popped up on your screen if you entered your email during the flash sale till August 31st 

Screenshot_20200829_161516.jpg

Do you remember seeing something like that?

prairiedogbob

Hi jb456,

Yes I know i did or I would not have signed up. Why don't they send you an email to confirm It? This makes it very confusing!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@prairiedogbob 

That is the standard email when you activate a sim card.

The main important question is. Did you put your email address into the flash promotion link before August 31st to qualify to get the 2nd 30 days free?

If you did not then you're not eligible and your next payment due date tomorrow or next day you will have to pay.

Everyone has been credited for that flash sale that was eligible.

You could open a ticket with moderators but no guarantee that they can do anything.

I activated someone for that promo and they received their credit the 17th of September. Many others did as well on that day.

Best of luck with moderators.

@prairiedogbob   Just wait until tomorrow and if you still don't see the funds in your account, then contact moderators either via chatbot or private message as suggested earlier. 

Welcome to PM 😊

prairiedogbob

Hi darlicious,

I tried that stupid Simon chap he's sending me in circles! I will try your suggestions and the link dabr posted. Thank you.

prairiedogbob

Sorry this is the email i recieved.....Screenshot_20201001-111848.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@prairiedogbob 

If you don't like simple Simon ( I sure dont) then use @dabr suggestion ........

If you send a private message to the moderators put in the subject line " missing 30 day credit" and explain your issue in detail. Include the following in your message:

1. Full name and address on your account.
  2. Email, phone number# and pin#.
  3. If you don't know your pin# include at least three of the following:
  4. Last payment, date,amount, type and last 4 digits.
  5. Alternate phone # if any.
  6. Date of birth.
  7. Autopay y/n?  Type, last 4 digits.
  8. Plan amount, any add ons? Recent plan changes.
  9. Security question and answer.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Allow for a minimum 2 to 8 hours (up to 48 hours) for a response. Wait times are currently longer than usual especially for non urgent requests.

Need Help? Let's chat.