cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$30 Refund requested for US data package that didn’t work

Jeff_66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I am requesting a refund as the full data is still in my account as I could not access it. I am extremely disappointed and frustrated as it would have been handy on our Alaskan cruise

jeff 

8 REPLIES 8

@mabba18 At&t used to be PM's roaming partner and roaming in Alaska was working at that time. Roaming wirh AT&T has not been working for a year and roaming in Alaska also no longer working since 

mabba18
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay, I though that is what it might be. Just wanted to make sure, as someone in another thread mentioned that connecting to a different wireless network under settings might work (i.e manually selecting AT&T). Hoping that someone tried it and it worked. 🙂

@mabba18 

I think he meant to buy local data sim.

Look like this is the only solution to get connected in Alaska.  Get AT&T or GCI, they both should work well there

and again, you should be able to ask PM for refund or some compensation, depends if you used the data elsewhere in US

mabba18

Can you go into more detail. Not sure what you mean by switching providers.

Going on a cruise soon as well. I would like to add US roaming, but everything I have read says it doesn't work in Alaska.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Jeff_66 wrote:

Hello, I am requesting a refund as the full data is still in my account as I could not access it. I am extremely disappointed and frustrated as it would have been handy on our Alaskan cruise

jeff 

US roaming add-on doesn't work in Alaska unfortunately and PM service doesn't work on cruise either. You can use cruise WIFI but will cost more. 

NdeyA

Hi Jeff, 

it happened to me and i had to switch between providers and it did work for me. its an alternative before requesting a refund. i hope this helps!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jeff_66   PM roaming does not work in Alaska.  It is actually not really PM problem but T-Mobile's  T-Mobile is unable to provide the roaming support for PM in Alaska (T-Mobile themselves does not have network there and need to rely on another provider too)

however, PM usually able to provide refund in such situation, please open ticket with support :

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account) using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Contact agent ", then click "Contact Us", then click "Other", click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗""
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@Jeff_66 wrote:

jeff 

To receive a refund for an add-on service that didn't work, you'll need to contact Public Mobile.  Posting a message here is usually only seen by other customers.  Please use the chatbot to open a ticket and ask a customer support agent for assistance:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.