cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$30 1gb 4g data plan

derksen_13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently switched both my wife and my phone to PM. More than happy with the switch, my old plan through telus let me share data to my ipad though which I like to use for music.

Is there anyway to get a data only plan that renews only once I consume the data?

6 REPLIES 6

TELUS has a stand alone device plan that blows the PM data plan out of the water! A Flat $5/month gives (only) 10Mb of data use but when you exceed that in a month it steps up to $10/100Mb and will continue to step up with the next steps being $20/1Gb, $35/3Gb and $50/5Gb. Then when the month ends it resets to $5 for the next month. 4G/LTE of course. It is the only TELUS plan I have seen that is a much better deal than the PM data only plan.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@derksen_13 wrote:

I recently switched both my wife and my phone to PM. More than happy with the switch, my old plan through telus let me share data to my ipad though which I like to use for music.

Is there anyway to get a data only plan that renews only once I consume the data?

You can always use the hotspot feature on your phone to the ipad. There's no plan like you're asking. Just the add-on. You could add it to the data-only plan of course and it would be in 4G also.

I should add...

1. I'm not actually sure PM will work in an ipad. Using the hotspot function on my iphone, surfing the www on the tablet is facilitated.

2. The add-on doesn't renew. It runs out and then you buy another one.

I guess I should have clarified "SIM" in a cellular ipad.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@derksen_13 wrote:

You can always use the hotspot feature on your phone to the ipad. There's no plan like you're asking. Just the add-on. You could add it to the data-only plan of course and it would be in 4G also.

I should add...

1. I'm not actually sure PM will work in an ipad. Using the hotspot function on my iphone, surfing the www on the tablet is facilitated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@derksen_13 wrote:

I should add...

1. I'm not actually sure PM will work in an ipad.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@derksen_13 wrote:

There is a Data Only plan but it's expensive at $30 for 1 GB. Cheaper just to get the $50 talk/text and 8Gb + 500MB (with autopay). Use the hotspot function to use on your tablet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@derksen_13 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.