cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

29$ 10GB. Jan 12 2024

Kenny7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got a text to change my subscription with a 29$ 10GB deal.   I said yes but it does not show that it will change on next renewal.   Is this a phish??

8 REPLIES 8

Kenny7

Ok thanks all, i just wanted to make sure it was legit and that it is not a short term deal and will increase in price 6 months from now....   i only want it if i am locked into that price until that plan goes up bit mine only goes up by the same amount, not to the non deal rate.   Thanks all

thanh_nguyen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got exactly the same problem. I got a text offer for the 24$ 4GB plan and I accepted it by replying YES but when I checked the upcoming payment in my account, I didn't see the charges for the new plan. This is different from the situation when I scheduled a plan change myself for a different account when it showed the charges for the new plan in the upcoming payment.  I am still bothered by the wording in the text "Your  new subscription plan will be added to your account" although others have indicated that the change to the new plan will take effect on the renewal date. Where does Public Mobile keep the scheduled change if it does not show up in the upcoming payment like usual. And yes, I did take a screenshot of the offer with the reply.

Screenshot_20240112_152928_Messages.jpg

@becm wrote:

Definitely do not re-do it cause you will be charged twice usually and anytime i have taken a deal through text offer like that it hasn't gone through on the renewal date like it was suppose to. Keep the picture for sure ( probably won't be needed but better to have it) and contact them after the renewal date via the personal chat and they will fix it for you for sure if for any reason it doesn't go through. 

Saying "yes" again in response to the text message will not process two plan changes.

becm

Definitely do not re-do it cause you will be charged twice usually and anytime i have taken a deal through text offer like that it hasn't gone through on the renewal date like it was suppose to. Keep the picture for sure ( probably won't be needed but better to have it) and contact them after the renewal date via the personal chat and they will fix it for you for sure if for any reason it doesn't go through. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Kenny7 To add to what all the others have said, screenshot your acceptance and the reply and you will be good to go if something goes awry.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It WILL change on next renewal. If they would to change it NOW you would pay (almost) double - your current subscription + new one.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kenny7  it should be a legit offer.  PM offers targeted offers at times to try and upsell some customers.  previously there have been $25/5GB offers to people that had the $15 plan.  Keep a copy of the text and wait for the next renewal  If for some reason it doesn't upgrade, you can reach out to CS Agent with your screenshot and they should be able to fix you up.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kenny7  This is a legitimate offer and will change on your renewal day if your reply YES to except it . It will not affect your rewards they will stay the same 

Handy1_1-1705092969853.png

Says in the text offer will change in your renewal date @Kenny7  no worries 

Need Help? Let's chat.