cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$26 for 3Gb

Beagles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just read about a plan for $26/month for 3GB of data included but unfortunately, this was launched in Quebec and not Ontario.

Why is this a Quebec-only plan? Are your customers in Ontario second-class citizens?

My current plan of $25 for 1GB of data is not enough and the 3GB would fit perfectly with my needs.

Why can you not offer us in Ontario (or the rest of Canada) a similar deal as you offer for your Quebec customers? Are we not worthy?

4 REPLIES 4

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Mostly they're matching Freedom in QC only, which is a little frustrating given Freedom is Canada-wide. (If they were only matching Fizz that would be more understandable). It is what it is.

bgoya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I see freedom mobile has offered 2GB + 1GB bonus data for 24 per month (29 - 5 month digital discount). Not sure why public mobile is not offering any competitive plan?

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Also note $26 only allows calls in QC. Not sure exactly what that means (whether you can call from QC to BC or just QC-QC, whether there's allowance for sometimes using outside QC (some carriers allow limited use while outside stated geographic boundaries but minimum usage at home), and so on. It's just competition.

The closest we can get in ON is $34/20GB @5G speeds, but beware that because it's "unlimited at reduced speed" after the initial 20GB, any Data Add-Ons won't work if you go over 20GB and you'll be limited to 0.5Mbps for the remainder of the month.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Beagles 

no class difference but just competition. There are more price competition in Quebec than any other provinces. And Mobile pricing is not the only one are specific, internet and TV like that too, no class difference 

Need Help? Let's chat.