cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 payments being taken out

allovesmeg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there everyone. I have been experiencing 2 payments coming out 1.off my credit card and then another off my account, I always make sure there's enough money for it to automatically take it off my account.  So I dont under why I'm being charged twice. And it's happened 3 times.now so that's almost 90 dollors can someone please help me with thsts going on? 

7 REPLIES 7

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@allovesmeg wrote:

Hi there everyone. I have been experiencing 2 payments coming out 1.off my credit card and then another off my account,

@allovesmeg  That's only one payment. The manual payment that you make gets added to your account funds and that is what you see on your credit card payment. During your plan renewal the system will take the amount from your account funds.

I always make sure there's enough money for it to automatically take it off my account.  So I dont under why I'm being charged twice. And it's happened 3 times.now so that's almost 90 dollors can someone please help me with thsts going on? 

Do your credit card statements show $90 or $180 for your three last renewals? If it's $180 then submit a ticket otherwise everything is normal.

@allovesmeg the best way to look at it is from your credit card transactions. if it's 1 transaction every 30 days you're good and you're not being double charged. 

the self serve account is whats confusing, because that's what pm likes to do 🤠.

the payment coming from your credit card is you topping up your public mobile account.

I also pay ahead of time. just as long as there aren't any double charges on my credit card, I know everything worked as it's supposed too

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @allovesmeg 

The payment history museum be a bit confusing as it's not from your point of view, but your accounts. Payment from your cc to your account is actually credit for your account (but very much debit for you so this is when you make the payment) 

The debit is when your amount passes finds for your plan.

Tire happens every 30 days, so it's possible to have two payments in 3 day month.

The possible credits you would see

Auopay

Referral

Community 

Loyalty

Cc payment (this is when you pay)

Debits

Plan base 10 ( you don't pay your account does)

Plan (plan cost-10) (you don't pay, your account does

Is this what is happening?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@allovesmeg 

the way the system works is that payments to your CC are converted to available funds.  you can add how much and and whenever you like.

on renewal date the system looks at your available funds and deducts the plan amount from your available funds.  if funds are < than plan cost it will then charge your credit card the balance owing.

your payment history for the past 90 days  should show 3 credit card transactions for the amount your paid.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@allovesmeg 

Are you saying your credit card is showing 2, separate charges, each 30 day period? 

Is it possible you're seeing this on your self serve account transaction history as a "credit (payments)" line item from your credit card and then the "debit (charges)" line items for the service/plan being billed out by public mobile on the renewal date? 

On the transaction history, they show separate & multiple line items.  Are you really seeing two separate credit (payments) in there?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@allovesmeg wrote:

Hi there everyone. I have been experiencing 2 payments coming out 1.off my credit card and then another off my account, I always make sure there's enough money for it to automatically take it off my account.  So I dont under why I'm being charged twice. And it's happened 3 times.now so that's almost 90 dollors can someone please help me with thsts going on? 

Can you confirm that you haven't changed plans at any time ? If you change plans before your old plan expires...you get charged right away.

If not...best is to get moderator assistance as suggested by speedy @JoyLuck  !

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@allovesmeg 

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.