cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$2 auto-pay reward and new points rewards system

dariovitale
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi. 

Question: With the new points plan am I correct in thinking we still get $2 for auto-pay plus rewards points dollars?

10 REPLIES 10

Sweetiee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will not be changing either! I receive a total of $8 on rewards money off my bill every month and I’m so happy about that lol 😆 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dariovitale 

If you activated/subscribe you SIM back early this year then you will be on the old Rewards system where you will get the $2/month credit but it you activated the SIM recently then you will be on the Points system where you will only receive 2 points for AutoPay.

The one time $10 credit off your second bill will be available.

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks @dust2dust , Are you referring to @softech making typos? I tend to overlook typos when the information is presented succinctly. I usually refer to the PM Help Articles on this subject, and I can see that there it is clarified well. Cheers.

Legacy Rewards:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/old-public-rewards-program
Reward Rules:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reward-rules

@maple_leaf- Well, typos notwithstanding, but this has all been well hashed out and clarified and decided on since the introduction of the points system over a year ago.

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @softech , Your reply is so well written. Not blowing smoke, just truly thinking it should be added to the announcements/FAQs as a more concise comparison of legacy vs. points. Cheers.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No. Did you get an email saying something about $2 autopay at sign up? Or are you an existing customer wondering about the points system?
If the former then I think you are entitled to something of that nature as a compensation for their false advertising. Like a years worth.
If the latter then don't switch.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dariovitale  No sorry $2 auto pay is for the old legacy $ rewards with the new points system there’s no auto pay reward . Instead with points you get them on all spends paying  your bill buying add ons and each year in your anniversary you will get 10 points . Once you have 15 points you can. Redeem $15 off your bill 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @dariovitale 

Don't change, you don't get $2 Autopay discount on the new rewards

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dariovitale 

NO, it is not.  You don't get $2 after you changed to points, you collect only 5% public points on all spending

And generally, it is much better to be on the legacy rewards

in summary  

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less UNLESS you have the $40 plan or above
    (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will be gone. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.
    1st to 12th month:     Legacy system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    13th to 24th month:  Legacy system will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    25th to 36th month:  Legacy will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
     61st and beyond: Legacy will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year on the anniversary day under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,
           - 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well
           - add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
           - you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 
               (!!! Please note that Jackpot might not be there anymore)

Need Help? Let's chat.